16 - Found

A/N please listen to the song. It's honestly one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in my life  ♥

Anna P.O.V

Although I was confident that the group now trusted me, I still felt this underlying feeling that I would end up breaking once I saw Peter again. I didn't want to betray them, but I doubted I'd be able to watch them kill him...

We paced the forest for what seemed like hours, but we just couldn't find any sign of Peter and the lost boys.

"I'm never going to see my son again" said Regina quietly, her voice threatening to tremble. It was the first time I'd ever heard her sound weak.

"You are. Trust me" said Snow, although even her usually-positive tone of voice was sounding doubtful. I trailed alongside them quietly, trying not to let the guilt get to me. But I couldn't push away the constant reminder in my head telling me that it was all my fault.

Because it was.

XXX

"I think we should stop and rest" said Emma.

"No, we've wasted too much time" replied Regina sternly.

"But it's no use if we-"

"LOOK OUT!" Shouted Hook, and suddenly everyone burst into action.

Arrows flew everywhere, and shrieks of lost boys echoed throughout the forest. I looked over to see Emma, Hook, and David pulling out swords, Snow pulling out her bow, and Regina bringing up fire in her hand. Once again, we were fighting.

A lost boy charged at me, but I swiftly dodged him , turned around and pinned him down. Just as I was about to kill him, I heard screams from the rest of the group;

"STOP!" they all yelled at me simultaneously, as the lost boys all stood frozen, staring at me. What was going on? I turned back to look at the boy who I was pinning down - then I noticed. The clothes he was wearing were nothing like the lost boys'. They were clothes from my world. 

I stumbled backwards as the boy jumped up and ran towards Emma and Regina, and it wasn't until the whole group engulfed him in a giant hug when I realised; the boy was Henry.

XXX

"Mom!" Henry shouted, hugging Emma, and then turned to Regina, "I missed you all so much."

"You're okay, you're okay!" said Regina, tears spilling down her cheeks as she clutched him.

I stood back and watched them, and felt a smile creep across my face. Then I looked around, to see all of the lost boys just watching the group. Where they on our side now? Suddenly I felt a tug at my arm, and turning around I saw the lost boy from the tent who directed me to Peter.

"Did you do this?" I asked him, gesturing towards to group. He nodded. "Why?" I asked, "I thought you were all scared of Peter?"

"We all wanted to stand up to him, so we pretended we were going to attack, but snuck Henry out with us."

"Won't you be in trouble?"

He shuffled awkwardly, before saying "We hoped you would take us with you, away from Neverland."

"Oh! Well, that's not really up to me, but I'm sure Hook would allow it... with some persuasion from the rest of the group." I said, smiling at him. Then frowning, I noticed his eyes shift to over my shoulder, and his eyes widen in fear.

Before I could ask him what was wrong, I felt an arm grab me, and a sword against my neck.

"Let go of me!" I shouted, alerting the rest of the group.

"Put her down!" Snow shouted, aiming her bow towards Peter.

"Oh of course, but on one condition. Give me Henry." Peter replied. I could sense the grin on his face.

"Peter please" I pleaded, struggling.

He ignored me, and instead stared straight at Emma. "I mean it Swan. It's either the boy," he paused, nodding at Henry, "or the girl," he said, digging the sword further into my neck.

And it was in that moment that I realised that I had never stood a chance with the group. Of course I hadn't. No matter what I did for them, they would always choose Henry over me. Of course they would, he's they family. I'm a nobody to them. I'm a nobody to everyone.

Even Peter. I'd messed it up. I should've been selfish and chosen him over them, because then at least I would've had someone who cared about me.

Now I have no one. And I'm about to die.

A/N I'm absolutely blown away by the fact that this has over 12k reads. I love every single one of you so much. Thank you ♥ All comments are greatly appreciated! 

I have an idea of what will happen next, but I'm not sure you guys will like it...