7 - Flying

Emma's P.O.V.

I didn't believe what Anna was saying for a second. Something happened back there that she wasn't telling us about, and I was going to find out. However, I didn't have time for that right now, because I suddenly remembered about what'd happened to David when he saved me.

"David, are you sure you're okay after that?" I asked him

"Yes I'm fine," he replied, but he couldn't quite meet my eyes.

"What? David did something happen?" rushed Mary-Margaret anxiously.

"Nothing I'm fine," he said, putting his hands on her shoulders comfortingly, "Don't you worry,"

Ha. Like I believed that. I turned to face Anna, who was clutching her neck in order to stop the blood. "Anna does it hurt?"

"No, I didn't even realise it was there, I'm just trying to stop it from bleeding," she replied, but I could tell that her mind was on something else.

"What happened back there? Did Pan tell you something?"

"No. I tried to get him to tell me even the slightest detail but he wouldn't..."

I was about to say something but Hook interrupted. "You said Pan had you pinned up with a sword against your neck. How did you escape that with nothing but a scratch on your neck?" he asked. He seemed really suspicious, but I couldn't think why.

"Like you said before Hook, I guess I was just lucky," she grinned. Hook just glared at her then turned his back.

***

Anna's P.O.V.

"I guess I was just lucky," I said grinning. Hook didn't seem to trust me, so winding him up was a lot of fun. He glared at me, but not of hatred, just of annoyance. 

"Well, I guess we should make our way back to camp," said Snow, "I guess we're only going to find Henry if we do what Pan says..." and for once no one argued.

***

"Emma don't be embarrassed, say what you need to say," said Snow. "You're the..."

We were all crowded around Emma, who was sitting on the floor trying to get Pan's map to work. I didn't really understand what was going on, so I wasn't really much help. Emma took a deep breath in, before speaking, "I'm the saviour," she said it as if the words were venom.

Nothing happened. "This is so stupid, just give me the map and I can enchant it," said Regina, attempting to snatch it from her.

"No, didn't you hear what Pan said? We aren't going to get anywhere by cheating," she spat back at her.

"Fine, do what you like, I'm going to find my son," she said angrily, then stormed off. The group disbanded to do their own thing, but Snow sat down next to Emma. I just hovered around awkwardly.

"Emma, why didn't you hurt that boy back there?" said Snow gently.

"I don't know..." she sighed. "In his eyes... I saw myself."

"What do you mean by that?"

"What he was feeling - loneliness, abandonment, suffereing - is everything I was feeling when I was at the foster home..." she said sadly. "I just felt like I was... like I still am..."

"You're what?" asked Snow

"An orphan," she said with tears in her eyes. Suddenly the map started to glow, and all of a sudden it showed a birds-eye view of the island, and there was a big 'X'  to the left of it.

"Emma, you did it..." said Snow. I felt bad for her. It must be hard getting your daughter back all grown up. It's weird seeing a mother and daughter so close...

"Mary-Margaret... I'm sorry," said Emma.

The rest of the group crowded around once again - including Regina. 

"How did you get it to work?" she asked, sounding slightly surprised.

"I did what Pan asked, I admitted who I really was..." 

"So, who are you miss saviour?"

"She's an orphan. And she's right, but it's my job to change that," said Snow, resting an arm on Emma's shoulder. "When all of this is over with I'll make up for that lost time, I promise."

"Well what are we waiting for, let's get Henry!" said Regina.

"Hold up there. I know you're eager to get your son back but I think we need to recover before facing Pan again," said Hook, quite responsibly for him. 

"But - oh fine," said Regina, shooting a  spark at the fire making it roar. 

***

I really wanted to be alone, but everyone was awake, and I highly doubt they'd let me go anywhere alone after what'd happened last night. But I had to try...

"Um, I'm just going on a little walk..." I said vaguely.

"I don't recommend that," said Hook, "Especially after Pan kidnapped you just hours ago," 

"Well would you rather I went to the bathroom here?" I said, grinning slightly. I loved annoying people. 

"Go on then," he said, turning back to the group. Success. 

I didn't really need the bathroom, but I couldn't really think of another excuse. Besides, it worked. Suddenly I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Wanna fly?" asked Pan.

"How long have you been following me?" I asked, but grinning at his presence.

"Not long. So do you want to?" 

"How?" I asked suspiciously. He held up a small glass tube full of dust.

"Pixie dust," he said, his eyes sparking with excitement

"It looks like regular dust to me," I said, just to wind him up. Of course I believed it was magical after everything that'd happened. He dropped the tube in my hand and it started to glow bright green.

"Liar," he said, and a huge grin spread across his face. I took out the cork and sprinkled the dust over my head, and before I knew it my feet were off the ground. 

"Um, how do I control myself?" I asked uncertainly. He flew up next to me and grabbed my hand.

"I've got you," he replied. He was acting completely different now, but I preferred this version of him. Hand in hand, we flew up high, and I felt just that little bit closer to the twinkling stars above me...