2 - Lost Boys

Anna's P.O.V.

I was telling them the truth about my accidental stowaway, but they were all just staring at me in silence. I don't understand why they're so shocked that I don't believe in magic! Well, I sort of do, but I don't tell anyone about that - it's babyish. 

"So um, are you gonna say something? You can't ask a question like that then look so shocked at my reply" I said impatiently

"And you can't expect us to believe that you accidentally stowed-away on my ship! How is that even possible?" said one of the men holding a hook up to my face. Then I realized something - he wasn't holding the hook, his hand was the hook!

"Okay I know it must be tragic to lose your hand, but why the hell would you replace it with a hook?" I asked. He turned around to face the blonde lady holding a sword.

"She really isn't from here... is she?" He said to her.

"That's what I've just told you, Hook" she replied. His name was Hook? Well, I guess that made sense.

All of a sudden someone yelled 'Look out!' and before I knew it we were surrounded in a group of boys firing arrows at us.  They all had scruffy clothes on, and were covered in mud. They kind of reminded me of the lost boys from Peter Pan, but that's ridiculous, Peter Pan is just a fairy tale.

I was jolted back to reality by someone pulling me back behind a tree. It was the blonde girl, Emma, I think. "When I scream look out that doesn't mean stand in the middle of all the arrows day-dreaming! I know this is a lot to take in for you - believe me I know exactly how you're feeling - but you need to just go with it until these kids stop trying to kill us for a second, okay?!"

"Um, alright," I replied. I had a lot of questions but she was right, we had to get rid of these psychopaths before they could tell me what was going on. 

"Anna just stay hidden, it's not safe out here,"

"What no! I'm not a pathetic little girl, I can fight!" I said in anger.

"Ugh fine, but don't blame me if you get killed out there," she said, before standing up and running back into the fight. I was telling the truth about being able to fight, I took self-defence classes back home. Running out to join them, I quickly dodged one of the arrows which almost skimmed my arm.

"Don't get hit by any arrows," said Hook between fighting off the boys, "They're laced with dreamshade, and trust me you don't wan't to get hit by that." 

"I wasn't planning on it," I replied with an edge to my voice. I swear these people think I'm an idiot or something. I turned my head back from Hook, then quickly ducked as one of the boys had their bow aimed at me. I can't let my guard down I said to myself, before running up towards him barely doging each arrow as it flew past me. When I finally reached him I grabbed the bow of him (I think he was shocked that he 'couldn't hit a girl' so he just kinda froze) and snapped it in two. 

"Leave us alone you psycho," I said to him, before punching his hard in the face, knocking out. Then I heard a voice behind me.

"Well played, I'm impressed," said a boy who looked just like the rest, but by the way all the boys stopped to listen to him, I guessed he was some sort of leader. 

"Pan," growled Hook. What kind of name is Pan? I swear these people are all insane.

"So nice to see you again, Hook," he said smugly, before turning to face me, "and who might you be? I noticed that 6 of you entered Neverland, but they didn't seem to notice you."   Neverland? Pan? Lost Boys? Hook? No way...

"Cat got your tongue?" He said, then he turned away from me to face the boys, "Let's let them scurry around looking for their precious Henry a bit more, it's highly entertaining," He said with a grin on his face, before disappearing right before our eyes, and the boys ran off into the woods.

"Someone wanna tell me what the hell is going on?" I said impatiently, "Because I'm not from this little freak show."

"Let's get back to camp first," Said Emma, "Then we'll tell you."

"Are you, kidding? How can we trust her? She's probably one of Pan's tricks," Said a woman who I swear I saw holding fire in that fight.

"Because she's from my world," said Emma, before turning away to walk the short distance back to their camp.

***

"So... you're expecting me to believe that I am sitting around a fire with Snow White, Prince Charming, their daughter and the evil queen?" I said, then I laughed, "Oh god I must be going insane." But thinking back on everything that had happened I wasn't really doubting it at all.

"I know this is a lot to take in, Anna, but please trust me." Said Emma. Apparently she was some sort of saviour and now she has to save her son, and she was also Snow White's daughter - even though they're the same age.

"So... those kids back there... were the Lost Boys?" I asked

"Yes, and that smug little brat was Peter Pan," said Hook. They obviously had some sort of history between them.

"But I thought Peter Pan was good?"

Hook and the evil queen - or Regina I suppose - laughed at me, while Snow and Charming (Mary-Margaret and David) looked at me sympathetically. Emma glared at Hook and Regina. "You need to forget pretty much everything you though you knew about fairy-tales" she said to me.

"Okay... so what does Pan want with Henry?" I asked, and they all went quiet.

"We don't know..." said Emma.