6 - Truth

Emma's P.O.V.

The fight was getting insane. I just wanted to kill Pan and get this over with, but he was no where to be  seen. The last time I'd seen him he was with Anna, holding a sword towards her. Come to think if it I couldn't see her anywhere either. I hope she's okay...

I managed to pin one of the lost boys down, so I used that to my advantage. Holding my sword to his neck, I yelled at him, "Where is my son?! Where's Henry?!" but he just froze in fear. It was then when I saw in his eyes how he felt: Abandoned, unloved, lost. Suddenly I felt David push me to the side, away from an arrow.

"You okay?" he asked worriedly

"Yeah I'm fine," then I noticed he was clutching his side. "Did you get hit?!"

"No, barely missed me," he said, but his eyes told a different story

"You sure?" I asked suspiciously.

"Yes, now come on, it's not safe to just sit around here," he said, which was right. We weren't going to live very long if we kept taking breaks to ask if we were okay. That can wait until we don't have kids running around trying to kill us...

***

Anna's P.O.V.

"I've got all the time in the world," he said, pushing the blade against my neck more. I would've asked him why he even cared - he was just going to kill me anyway - but a little more time couldn't hurt. Taking a deep breath in, I began to tell him.

"My parents... aren't the nicest people in the world, My dad's always drunk, and my mum just does whatever he says. They like to pretend I don't exist, that I'm just this annoying girl who relies on them. But I don't rely on them, I rely on myself. I have two part-time jobs at the moment, but it's not enough! Neither of them work, and they expect me to pay for everything!" I paused for a second, recollecting my thoughts and trying not to get too angry.

"What about school?" he asked, which was weird because school wasn't something Pan seemed all that interested in, considering he lives in Neverland and doesn't grow up...

"I don't go to school, dad pulled me out so I can earn more money. At first I refused because I was just so tired all the time, but he got mad. Really mad, so I went along with it. He didn't get all of the money though, I secretly kept some, which was how I could afford fighting and self-defence classes. I just wanted a way to let go of the anger, instead of bottling it up. Not that it worked, mind you..."

I felt the blade move slightly further away from my neck, but still close enough to keep me cornered so I couldn't attempt to run away. "You know Anna, you'd fit in well here," he said after a long silence. "What you've told me, is so similar to what the lost boys used to go through, hence the name lost." 

"But I'm a girl," I said, grinning slightly because for some reason I found that funny.

"Well then you could be my lost girl," he said, grinning back to me.

"Your lost girl?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

He leaned towards my face and I felt his breath on my ear, "No one gets into Neverland without my permission, Anna, and you're no exception to that,"

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly, though I knew exactly what it meant.

Suddenly he dropped his sword to the floor, and before I knew it we were kissing. I'm not entirely sure why I kissed him back, but I did, and doing so made me forget all my problems. Everything around us seemed to disappear. I felt his hand on my cheek, pushing a loose strand of hair back behind me ear. My mind seemed to completely forget that he was the villain in all of this, and we seemed to enter this space which time stood still. I guess time stood still anyway in Neverland, which was why I have no idea how long we were actually kissing for.

Slowly he pulled away from me, then started into my eyes for just a second, like he was trying to read my mind. Then he picked up his sword, and just like that he was gone. I stood still for a second to let my mind process what had just happened, and everything that's happened to me in these last couple days. Then I remembered that everyone was still fighting back at his camp, so I started to run while my mind was still buzzing.

***

Stepping out into the clearing I saw Pan standing in the centre, just watching. Just as I arrived he spoke. "I think they've learned their lesson," he said, back to his usual smug self, "let's leave them for now..."

"I thought you weren't going easy on us?" said Hook, as if he was actually enjoying almost dying.

Pan just turned his head slightly to look at me, then back to everyone else, "Don't try to find me by cheating again,"

"Cheat? We just followed a trail, it's not like I enchanted the useless 'map' you gave to Emma!" said Regina

"I gave you clear instructions, Emma. Discover who you really are, and it will lead you to Henry," and just like that, he disappeared, along with the entire camp and all of the lost boys. I ran up towards them from where I was watching.

"Is everyone okay?" I asked

"Yes, are you? and where were you?" said Emma

"I'm... alright," I said vaguely. I knew they'd be mad at me for kissing Pan, and they wouldn't understand. "I was... hiding, sorry, you were right, I can't defend myself as well as I thought,"

"Anna I saw who you were up against. The fact that you escaped Pan is amazing"

"Well... there was a point where he had me pinned to a tree with a sword at my neck, but other than that - yeah, I hid well," I said with a hint of sarcasm.

Mary-Margaret looked anxious, "So that cut on your neck is from Pan's sword?" she asked worriedly.

"Cut on my neck?" I repeated, reaching up to touch my neck. Sure enough, I had a long scar where Pan held his sword. "d...dreamshade?" I asked vaguely.

"No, the wound is deep, and dreamshade would've killed you long ago if it was Pan's sword. It seems like you were lucky Anna," said Hook

Lucky? Pan chose a sword without dreamshade on purpose. I should've known that. The cut must've been an accident, because for some weird reason, Pan liked me.

And I liked him.