How the mighty have fallen

Gritting my teeth I try to push Lucas away from me "Lucas buddy let go of me please" Call me pathetic but I still haven't spoken to mum or looked at her since her shitty outburst, all I can think of when I I look at her, is mother gothel from Tangeled.

"No" Was all he said as I looked down at him, the cheeky little bugger stuck his tongue at me and giggled some more. I could feel my eye twitching in annoyance, keep your shit together Payne I kept on chanting to my self. Taking a deep breath in I put lean down and put my arms around his small waist, and give him a small tug.

"I don't have time for this" mum said impatiently and walked away from us, slamming the kitchen door shut on her way out. My face immediately soured as I tugged on Lucas some more "I don't have time for this blah blah" as childish as it was I was mimicking her and I managed to pick Lucas up in my arms.

Lucas quickly stuck his fingers in his mouth and moved one arm around my neck "giddy giddy" was all he squealed while jumping up and down in my arms. I groaned out loud and shook my head "No horsey time ok? Payne is tired" I said while trying to stop him from jumping "Let's go to Payne's room and have some sweets yeah?" I whispered to him and quickly walked up the stairs.

Before Lucas could react I put my index finger on his lips, "Don't tell mum ok?" he quickly nodded his head licked my finger and giggled. Looking at my now saliva infested finger I shake my head and wipe my finger on my skirt "No Lucas just no" shaking my head I open my room door and close it my foot.

I walked towards my bed and placed a hyper Lucas on my covers, immediately he sat on his knees and watched with wide expectant eyes "Be patient " I chuckled at his behaviour and shrugged off my backpack and unzipped Leos jacket off and placed it near Lucas.

Quickly, I walked towards my draw of sweets and grabbed a handful of chocolate, turning around with a small smile on face "Lucas look at what i-g" I stopped short and the smile was wiped off my face when I saw Lucas stuffing his head in Leo's jacket. Blinking at his weird behaviour, I frown as Lucas moved from his position and pointed at the jacket.

"Alpha" was all he said as he looked at the jacket with a slightly scared look on his face, sitting on the corner of my bed I place the chocolates near Lucas, Alpha? "Lucas, what are you talking about this is Leo's jacket not Alpha" I said while looking at him in confusion. Lucas looked at me and gave me an are-you-stupid look at nodded his head "Alpha" He said like the word was the answer to all.

I put my hands around Lucas's head and tried to feel for a bump maybe he hit his head today? When I didn't feel anything I looked at Lucas and just came to a conclusion that he's having one of his off days. He has a few of those.

Whatever I thought while picking up a truffle and opening the wrapper "Here, take this you little weirdo" I mumbled and waved t around his face, he automatically jumped towards my hand and shoved it his mouth.

"f-anks Pay" Lucas managed to say while his mouth was overflowing with the chocolate and salvia "No probs" I smiled and ruffled his head and walked towards my walk-in closet, before closing the door I turn to look at Lucas who was midway opening another wrapper "Lucas don't get it on my bed" all I got was a small nod as he devoured his treat.

Closing the door I come face to face with the mirror that was drilled on my door, letting out a loud sigh and rub my face with my hands. Looking at my reflection I can't help but think why Leo would be interested in someone like me, I'm nothing amazing.

Why am I thinking of this? It's not like I'm going let anything between us happen he's my friend. My best friend I wouldn't want to fuck up the friendship that we have if we have a relationship.

Letting my head drop I lean forward, my head was pressed against the cold glass as I bit my bottom lip. I let my mind drift to what Luas said earlier, why the hell would he refer a jacket that belonged to Leo 'Alpha'. I don't even want to know why he was sniffing the jacket, it's not like he's a werewolf. A small chuckle left my throat as I moved off the glass and began to unbutton my shirt.

It's not like they actually exist, this shit belongs in fairy tales.

If only I wasn't so naive and just went with my gut, if I had just sat with Lucas some more and pressed on the matter he would have told me exactly what he meant by Alpha, then maybe I would have had a chance to leave this place before it was too late.

====

A squeaky sound is what woke me up, groaning out loud I put my pillow over my head to block out the sound. I need my sleep, school's tomorrow but I just want to fucking sleep.

"Payne" my eyes snapped open as I quickly sat up and moved pillow away from my face, what the fuck? "Leo what are you doing here?" I hissed while rubbing my eyes leaning towards my nightstand and switching the light on.

There stood Leo near my bed and in the middle of taking off his clothes? "Woah Woah Leo what are you doing?"I asked again while looking at him with wide eyes, Leo shrugged and pulled his trousers down. My face began to heat up as I quickly moved my gaze away from him, "I'm sleeping with you" was all he said as if it was something normal.

"No no go home how did you even get in?" I still wasn't looking at him, but I shook my head and put my arms out in front of me and started to lean forward to try and push him away.

"No" Leo quickly moved his arms around mine and gently tugged them down as he moved himself in my bed, "Leo w-"

"Shush go to sleep," Leo said as he moved my body so I was laying down on my side and him spooning me from behind, Leo quickly moved his head and snuggled it between my neck and shoulder an gave my neck a small peck.

I jumped at the kiss and was ready to tell him where he could fuck off but was stopped when Leo gave my waist a small squeeze "Sleep" fuck its late and I want to sleep.

"I'll let it slip today Leo" I mumbled and let myself fall into darkness.

-----

Comment, Vote, Follow :)

Sorry guys! I was supposed to update yesterday, I don't want to disappoint you guys !