Chapter 2: Revelations

Far away from Konoha, in a thick forest, a pink-haired girl lay in a soft white bed. Her breathing even, a soft look on her porcelain face.

It wasn't long before the girl opened her eyes, revealed to be emerald in color. Blinking a few times slowly before fully awake. For a moment, she just laid there staring into the ceiling, mouth sightly agape.

"You're finally awake, Sakura" The person said softly, giving a long pause before saying her name. The girl, revealed to be Sakura, turned her head to the direction of the voice, greeted by the sight of a red headed boy with light green eyes, who was just sitting beside her bed. There was a long pause before Sakura responded, "W-where... Am I?" She asked softly, as if not used to speaking. "Am I... dead?"

"No, I would never let you die... Never." The boy responded with brows furrowed and sincerity fueling his voice. This surprised Sakura. "Wait, who are you? And where am I?" She frantically asked again, this time with more strength as she tried to get up. When sitting up fully, she realized there was no more excruciating pain in her stomach, the one that was supposed to be the cause of her supposed death. "I know you're confused and still tired, Sakura. You can rest for awhile." The boy said. "Please answer my question." Sakura insisted. "You're far from danger. I am... Sasori." The boy, Sasori answered smiling slightly. "Let's continue this talk when you're fully healed." Sasori said again as he smiled and stood up to leave the room.

Sakura looked at him for awhile before laying back, thinking for awhile. She was sure she was hit by Sasuke, yet she's alive. Just what on earth happened? She didn't have enough strength to move around anyway so she's gonna have to recharge so she could go back.

Sakura and Sasori were out in the side of the lake, just relaxing. It's been a week since Sakura has woken up, but Sasori has never answered her questions. He would always change the subject and just avoid them altogether, which often bothered Sakura. She stared at the water and then her brows furrowed, contemplating on what to do and then looked at Sasori.

"S-Sasori-san!" She spoke with a high tone in her voice as she stood up. Sasori looked at her as she continued to speak. "Will you please answer my questions now? I need to go back to the village and check on my friends! They were badly injured on their previous mission on trying to retrieve Sasuke. I also need to know how Sasuke and Naruto are-" Sakura was caught off by Sasori, who had his hair covering his eyes.

"That was... five months ago." he answered fast and directly which slightly startled Sakura.

Sakura stared wide eyed at Sasori as he said that. "W-what?"

"I'm sorry... but please don't go back there. You're safe here now, with me." Sasori reasoned, trying to change Sakura's mind sincerely. "No! I don't even know you. I am thankful for you taking care of me for the past week but ..." Sakura trailed off in her sentence. Sasori let out a sigh. "Heh. Don't know me, huh." His bangs still covering his eyes. He stood up and in a blink of an eye, was hugging Sakura.

For a moment Sakura stood stunned but she came back to her senses as she pushed Sasori but she pushed him so hard she herself stumbled down the lake. Sasori extended his hand for Sakura to take but she stood up on her own. They stood there as a deathly silence followed. Sakura's bangs now covered her eyes and Sasori just stood there with his hand untaken by Sakura.

They were back in the small house as Sakura dried up in her room, lamenting on what to do. Then Sasori's words ringed on her mind. "Please don't go back there. You're safe here now, with me."

"Why does he care so much? It's making me so confused! What is he to me? I'm sure I've never met him before, though his chakra does seem a bit familiar..." She spoke to herself. Unbeknownst to her, Sasori heard her as he was about to enter her room.