Chapter 14: Love Is...

Naruto smirked. After four days of continuous planning, it's finally time to put their plan into action. When the moon rises to exchange places with the sun, that's when the action starts... Though not really the center of their plan. Just the beginning. After all, all they had to do was sneak out of Konoha, right?

Finally...

Hinata was walking down the corridors of their compound when she saw Neji hastily walking, intention known through his direction. "Where are you going, Neji-san?" Hinata asked. Neji wearily looked around and Hinata sensed he was trying to make sure no one was listening. "To the Hokage." he said and then continued on his way. Hinata felt a mix of emotion. Tonight, they will leave the village in search for Sakura. Ofcourse, there would have to be someone left to inform them of what's going on and the roles were taken up by their Senseis, Choji and 

All for Sakura.

In a way, they were defying the olders but they know deep down, their mission not only consists of saving Sakura, but of saving their village and the rest of the Shinobi world from war as well. She could be the trigger for the Fourth Shinobi World War. They thought of all those who experienced the previous war. They couldn't let them encounter another world war twice in their loves and all those innocent villagers. No one has to experience it. No one has to experience it again.

"Shikamaru, I really don't get this..." He finally blurted out.

For days since the truth was said to them, Shikamaru had noticed Choji acting strange and a little hesitant sometimes. Now, he's finally confronting him.

"I don't get how Sakura-san could be the trigger to the Fourth Shinobi War. I mean, is she really that important? I'm so confused." He said after setting his beloved chips aside.

Shikamaru looked at him in his peripheral vision. He focused back on the peaceful clouds floating and off-handedly wondered how long these peaceful days would last. He sighed. Might as well directly tell him so I could savor this moment more when he goes away, Shikamaru thought.

"This is part of someone's plan. Someone bigger. I'm not really sure myself, but I'm not a genius for nothing." Choji would have been shocked to his core with what Shikamaru said. He doesn't usually boast about himself. "Before that day, throughout my missions, especially ones that concerns the Akatsuki, I have unwittingly gathered informations about these prolonged lives. At first, I didn't take it seriously. I just realized it when Tsunade-sama revealed the truth about Sakura to us."

"Haruno-san... She's just the beginning. The beginning of eternity. The one they call their Leader, Pein could be using Sakura as a test subject for that dream of his, without Sasori's knowledge. Why do you think the Akatsuki would agree on prolonging a life of someone they don't even care about? Heck, they don't care about anyone but themselves and for power. When Sasori does sacrifice himself in exchange for Sakura's life, that's when the Akatsuki will turn the table for Sakura. Do you really think they would let her off so easily?" Shikamaru explained.

"So, this is all part of Pein's plans?"

"I'm not really sure if it's Pein's..." Shikamaru trailed, as an image of Jiraiya shortly appeared in his mind. He shook his head, wondering why he thought of the perverted Sannin.

"I see. So when the Akatsuki is done with Sakura, they would proceed to war. Yes?" Choji clarifed. He was finally beginning to understand but there were still piling questions in his mind. 

"Yes, but I don't think it's that easy at all. There's still more to that." Shikamaru said.

Neji softly closed the door to the Hokage's office behind his back. He opened his eyes and looked over to the sun rays. How are you now, Sakura? he offhandedly thought.