Chapter 6: Feelings

Sasori and Sakura walked in the woods holding each other's hand, Sakura trailing behind. A comfortable silence engulfed them.

"There you two are." Deidara said suddenly appearing out of nowhere. "Let's go." Sasori said. Suddenly, Sasori and Deidara abruptly stopped, making Sakura bump into Sasori's back.

"What brings you here, Itachi-san?" Deidara chirped. When Sakura heard him, she immediately looked over Sasori's shoulder confirming that it was in fact, Uchiha Itachi standing infront of them.

"Pein needs you on another mission in the Land of the Rock, you're from there so you would know that place well." Itachi answered straight to the point, after all, he wasn't one for fooling around.

"There's no need for that. We're already on our way to the base." Sasori answered, tightening his hold  on Sakura's hand "And I suppose this is a succes?" Itachi stated. Sasori nodded.

All the while, Sakura was feeling uneasy. She always felt this whenever Itachi was around. She does know about the coup d'etat but she can't explain this uneasiness with Itachi. She feels intimidated. Ofcourse, who wouldn't be in the prescence of THE Uchiha Itachi with a long history behind him.

Maybe because of his selfless heroic act. She couldn't imagine how hard it must've been for Itachi. If it wasn't for him, maybe Konoha was just ruins now and she wouldn't be able to live her peaceful childhood, meet her friends and even be here right now. She greatly admires him for that though that doesn't put aside the uneasiness.

Itachi took a glance at her at which Sakura tensed and then turned his attention back to Sasori and Deidara. All of a sudden, the trio boys slightly tensed as they felt a strong chakra coming to them. Sakura was oblivious at first seeing as she wasn't the sharpest in them, but immediately understood when she saw them tense. Sakura knew this chakra signature and who exactly it was.

"Itachi!" A voice hissed and then out of nowhere, a Chidori appeared aimed at Itachi, who dodged it easily. Sasuke was able to turn around as sharingan stared into another glaring pair of Sharingan eyes.

When Sakura saw the chidori, her whole body immediately shook from fear. It was that same chidori that almost caused her death. Sasori held Sakura's shoulders as she continued to shake. "Don't look." Sasori commanded.

"Pathetic little brother. You don't learn, do you?" Itachi taunted, recalling their previous encounter from long ago, back in Konoha where Sasuke did the same, charged at him with his chidor. Sakura, inspite commanded by Sasori to not look, turned her head to the two brothers who fought. After all this time, Itachi was still able to put off an act. Sasuke formed another chidori as he aimed it at Itachi with a hissing sound.

"I don't have time for this. YOU are not worthy of my time." Itachi said as he disappeared and appeared behind Sasuke kicking him in the lower back really hard Sakura could've heard a crack and before Sasuke got away from him, Itachi formed a hand sign and pushed his right hand in Sasuke's back. Sakura knows that jutsu, it paralyzes it's victim for three hours, making all your reflexes slow temporarily.

Sasuke stumbled down and tried to stand but his injury failed him as he winced. He was paralyzed. Sakura looked between Itachi and Sasuke. There was pure hatred in Sasuke's eyes it could swallow Itachi but when she looked into Itachi's eyes, she saw something in those pair of older Sharingan eyes for a split second. She would have missed it ifshe had blinked. Sakura saw sadness.

"Let's go." Itachi said and disappeared. Deidara followed as well, leaving Sasori, Sakura and the wincing Sasuke. "Let's go." Sasori repeated Itachi's words to Sakura who didn't show any signs of moving. "Let me heal him, that was the spinal cord." Sakura said, looking at Sasuke. "Please..." She pleaded knowing there's a few percent of Sasori agreeing. Sasori sighed in submission. He knew Sakura still cared for this boy. This pathetic boy who almost caused her precious little sister to lose her life he worked so hard in preserving.