Chapter 10: With You

Tell me what I should change. Tell me your ideas so I can make this story better, okay? :) Btw, my cousin unplugged the charger from the socket last night so I had to start all over again with this. >__< It was getting better too. :( 

PS: I also updated the past chapters yesterday so I hope you read it. I made some great changes too. So to avoid much confussion, please read again from Chapter 1. You don't have to if you don't like it. :) 

He had noticed the way her eyes often lost focus in their short time together but he paid it no heed as the pain in his chest weighed him down. The remorse. His face didn't show it, but his eyes did unwittingly. He was looking at his ex teammate whom he killed and he couldn't help but feel the unexplainable pain in his chest. It didn't feel this way when he killed her. It hurt so much to look at her now, because he could see the way he had killed her all over again. He feels so out of character now. He normally doesn't feel this emotions and most importantly, he had broken his bonds with them but now, he's jumping right into the middle to seemingly weave their severed bond again.

He caught her before she had hit the ground. Only then did he paid attention to her wounds as he was blinded by the pain in his chest before. He looked a few feet away from where Sakura came from and noticed those all too familiar bushes. He knows those bushes with slightly hidden thorn all too well. Those were the ones Orochimaru once kept around his base to keep shinobis away. Many had fallen to that trap and collapsed in the middle of their mission concerning Orochimaru. That was probably one of the reasons why no one was able to barge into Orochimaru's lair before. 

He immediately sprinted back where he came from, carrying Sakura in his arms. Sakura losing consciousness probably alerted her protective brother now and they're bound to be here a few seconds now, so he sprinted fast and almost collided with Karin on his way. He didn't question why she was there. He met up with his team and immediately told them that they had to get away from here. He didn't miss the confused looks his teammates were giving as they looked at the fragile girl in his arms. So together, they ran as fast as they could. The Akatsuki really doesn't go on a rat chase with their enemies, but this wasn't an ordinary situation. They have Sakura and Sasori will most likely round the entire country in search for his precious little sister. He would use every connection he has just so he could be reunited with Sakura. He would do everything.

Sasuke knows how desperate Sasori would be in search for Sakura. He knows maybe because he has been in that desperate situation in search for her once too but fate just twisted his road and lead him to her. 

Team Taka didn't stop until they reached the borders of Water Country. They soon found an inn to rest in. By now, his team was definitely confused by him now. He normally doesn't choose an inn to stay in, at which Suigetsu said aloud. "Sasuke wants a good place for his little girl." which earned him a glare from Sasuke and Karin fakely collapsed but was caught by Juugo.

Sunset rays shone down on the sleeping form of a pink haired girl. She slowly stirred and her eyes fluttered open, revealing green orbs. Sakura looked around her and began to almost panic. "Where am I?" She said as she sat. She felt her head throb. Only now did she realize what kind of bushes they were. Tsunade told her about it long ago and before she could heal her wounds. Sasuke had appeared. "Sasuke appeared!" she thought, feeling panic now. 

Only now did she notice Sasuke was standing in the corner of the room with his arms crossed, looking at her. "W-what..." she couldn't complete her stuttered sentence as Sasuke came a few steps close to her bed. She tried to keep her composure and evened her breathing.

"I won't hurt you."

Sasuke was taken back as she heard Sasuke's voice. It was plain as he said that, but it was also sincere. He was looking at her stoically, his eyes no longer held the pain like she last saw them. She regained her composure again. "Why did you take me?" she asked, maintaining eye contact with Sasuke. She won't be caught off guard again. She won't let it happen again.