Chapter 3: Bonding

A/N: 3 years of Fifth Harmony! Let's celebrate! ;) Also the picture at the beginning of this chapter is a drawing of Cameron I saw on Tumblr! It looked adorable so I had to post it here. Thanks 'tooturntfarts' for your beautiful art.

--------------------

"What's the plan?"

James and Cameron were setting up some equipment, and as soon as they were left alone, the older boy finally got the chance to talk about their mission.

"Make sure my mothers end up together?" Cameron shrugged his shoulders although that was a question he had been asking to himself as well, "I told you, we didn't have time to make a detailed plan. Everything happened so fast."

"Well, you're lucky I'm incredibly clever," James smirked, "In the letter, I wrote some ideas of how to deal with this whole situation. First, though, I need you to tell me when exactly you mothers got together. You have that information."

"I do?" Cameron asked, confused, but a second after saying that, the memories appeared in his mind and his eyes opened widely, "I do! How did I forget that? I've heard that story thousands of times! My mother tells it all the time!"

"Forgetting stuff is something he- well, I predicted would happen," James nodded while plugging some cables, not at all phased by Cameron's sudden memory loss, "I wrote about time fixing itself, which means the longer we take, the more memories you may lose. Don't be scared, Cam, I'll be asking questions to keep your memory from erasing important stuff."

"Thanks for the heads up but I'm freaking out already."

"It's okay, just don't lose control. Now, focus and tell me when you mothers got together."

Cameron closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to remember all the details he could.

--------------------

The 2-year-old baby on Cameron's arms opened her eyes slowly, waking up from her nap. It was New Year's Eve and with all the noise and movement in the house, it was a surprise she had managed to sleep for a couple of hours.

"Hey princess Zoe," Cameron whispered, smiling down at Zoe and tickling her.

Zoe laughed and curled against his brother. They were incredibly close and their mothers knew that if someone could control Zoe's bad mood when she had just woken up, that was her brother.

"Let's go Zoe, they are waiting for us!"

"Who?" the little girl asked curiously.

"Well, everybody."

Zoe yawned, not convinced yet.

"Come on, aunt Mani brought a nice crown for you to wear."

"A crown?!"

Cameron smiled triumphantly, "Yes, a crown specially made for a princess."

"Let's go, let's go!" Zoe squirmed in his arms, so Cameron put her down and grabbed her little hand, "Do you have a crown too, Cam?"

"Me? I'm not a princess," the boy laughed as they walked down the stairs slowly.

"You are a prince, silly," the 2-year-old said, almost as if she couldn't believe her brother hadn't understood her point.

Once they were downstairs, Zoe spotted her Aunt Mani and her Aunt Ally moving around in the kitchen and she ran to them excitedly. Cameron walked into the kitchen smiling at her aunts, who were hugging and kissing Zoe, although the little girl was more concerned about asking for her crown.