Chapter 25: Shifting

A/N: Last chapter is here and I only have the epilogue left to update! :')

-------------

It could've been minutes. I could've been hours. Cameron wasn't sure for how long he had been falling until he felt a sharp pain in his right arm.

"Ouch!" he said when he hit the hard surface.

"Cameron! You're back!" James's voice called him, "Say something! Are you okay? Did it work?"

"I think I broke my arm," he groaned, opening his eyes slowly and finding James's worried face staring at him,  "I forgot how old you were," he chuckled, trying to sit up.

James smiled, "Wow, you weren't this disrespectful before you left, but, hey, it's good to have you back," he said and added, "Can you move your arm?"

"What happened? I heard a noise and-" Dinah ran into the room, "Oh, my god! Cami, you're alive!" she kneeled on the floor and hugged him.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch," Cameron cried.

"I think he might have broken his wrist," James told her, "He fell on it."

"We should take him to the hospital," Dinah told James, "I'm going to call Camila and Lauren."

"Wait," Cameron blinked, confused, "Aunt Dinah, do you remember everything? What about my mothers? Do they remember? Are they okay? Is everything back to normal?"

"No and yes," James helped him stand up, "No, they don't remember but I had to tell Dinah everything because I was worried about you being gone for too long. And, yes, almost everything is back to normal."

"I almost had a heart attack when he told me," Dinah said as she got her phone from her purse, "You were gone for 3 hours! Oh, yes, hi, Mila. Yes, he's with me."

Cameron stared at Dinah as she left the room, talking on her phone. He was in the past for over 2 weeks but it had been only 3 hours in his time.

Then, he finally noticed something that James had said, "Almost everything," Cameron repeated, "You said almost everything was back to normal."

James  crossed his arms over his chest, "I am pretty sure you know exactly what you changed. And we're going to have a long chat about it on the way in the hospital before you mothers kill me for not taking care of their baby."

-------------

"And then, we were back in the room," Camila finished explaining their surreal experience. They were all in Lauren and Dinah's room about 30 minutes after Cameron went back to the future.

"That's insane," Normani shook her head, "You actually saw your future."

"Wasn't it - I don't know," Ally paused, looking for the right word, "Wasn't it awkward to see yourselves?"

Lauren looked at Camila, who was sitting on the bed next to her, "Not really. I was more shocked and confused. What about you, Camz?"

"At first it was, but then it was almost reassuring in a way," she smiled at the memory, "We decided to believe Cameron's story but we were actually getting proof of that future he came from. It was absolutely crazy, though."

"Do you want to know what's awkward?" Dinah said from her spot next to Camila, "You named your son 'Cameron'."

They all laughed. It was hard to believe the conversation they were having about the events in the past few hours. Their lives had literally been turned upside down.

It was almost 5am when Ally said, "Girls, we have flights to catch in a few hours. We really need to get some sleep."

"You're right," Normani stood up, yawning, "I'm actually exhausted after this crazy night."