Chapter 17: Avoiding Bruises

A/N: Don't you guys hate it when life gets so crazy you don't have time to do the stuff you like? I do :)) Anyway... here's chapter 17 and I have a feeling you'll like this one! Enjoy ;)
-------------

"You took forever," Austin made a face when Camila sat on her chair, "I was going to send someone to look for you."

Camila would've thought it was a joke if it hadn't been for the annoyed tone of his voice.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm not feeling well," she said, somehow feeling a little less anxious knowing Lauren was on her way there, "All of these people are making me really uncomfortable."

Outside the window that was right next to their table, a crowd full of paparazzi and fans were fighting for the best view.

"Oh, come on, you're used to getting all this attention from the media," he smirked at her, "Besides, a bit of extra attention never hurt anybody."

Camila stared at him, regretting having agreed to go on that date, "Not all attention is good," she took a sip of her drink, "I don't like this kind of attention on my personal life."

Austin let out a short, sarcastic laugh, "Yeah, right," he leaned into the table, his hands reaching out for Camila's even though she was leaning away as much as she could without falling off the chair, "I know you probably went to the restroom to call your PR people about my suggestion. What did they say? I'm sure they agreed with me. We can hold hands or kiss just once and the media will be talking about us for a while. And it'll be like the old times."

"Old times as in the two weeks we, quote unquote, dated?" Camila told him, feeling completely disgusted, "I don't think so. And that won't happen even if PR agreed with you. Which they don't, by the way."

Austin laughed, "So you did call them? That means I can still convince you over dessert."

"Actually, I didn't call them," Camila faked a smile, "But I did call someone to come pick me up, so don't even bother ordering dessert for me."

Camila looked quickly at her phone, hoping Lauren would arrive soon.

------------

"Where are you? We are waiting for you," Alexa voice was heard as soon as Lauren put her phone on speaker.

Lauren was driving to the restaurant and, only when she saw that her friend was calling her, she realized she had forgotten she was supposed to go to her house.

"I'm driving," Lauren told her, "Camila asked me to pick her up."

"Ohhhh, the girlfriend is calling?" Lucy, who was next to Alexa listening to the conversation, teased, "Did you guys make up? Did her date failed miserably?"

"Apparently he's being a jerk. Shocker," Lauren replied, a hint of victory in her voice, "She called me and asked me to pick her up at the restaurant."

"Did you wish really hard?" Alexa joked and Lauren could hear Lucy laughing.

"Ha-ha-ha, very funny," Lauren rolled her eyes, amused.

"Ok, now, in all seriousness, don't go inside the restaurant," Alexa said, "Just call her when you're there and wait for her outside."

"I don't know what I'm going to do," Lauren frowned at the strange suggestion, "Camila told me there are lots of paparazzi at the front door."

"What restaurant is it?" Lucy asked, "My dad has contacts in a few places. Maybe it's time I take advantage of that."

------------