Part 3

Fifteen minutes later, Lindsey helped Stevie to open up her hotel room door. Somehow, they had actually succeeded in getting away from the election campaign party without anybody noticing them leaving.

Lindsey turned on the lights and walked into Stevie's suite, she followed him into the living-area where she instantly fell down onto the couch and curled up into a ball. She hated to have him see her like that but after already breaking down in front of him two times, she didn't really care anymore. She knew everybody talked about how weak she had become, there really wasn't any sense in trying to cover it up any longer.

Lindsey approached her slowly and sat down next to her, worriedly looking down at her, "Don't you wanna get changed into something else?", he asked and pulled gently at her costume jacket, "Doesn't look very comfy to me."

She looked up at him and noticed his smile. He really was too sweet to her today, and she couldn't really understand why. The last time they had seen each other, she had hit him all along the way down to his car, had cursed the day he had been born, just because he had left the band (and especially her) alone, even though they had needed him so badly back then.

"Is that okay?", she asked shyly.

"Sure.", he smiled.

"Do you want to take a shower in here?", she asked then, "I know how much you hate being all sweaty in your stage clothes after a show.."

"That would be great!", he said.

"What about clothes for changing?"

"In here.", he smiled and pointed at his leather bag on the floor, "I actually planned on getting changed at the venue but..-"

"But I changed your plans..", Stevie interrupted him.

"Kind of..", he grinned.

"I'm so sorry I caused you so much inconvenience."

"No, Stevie. Don't think like that. It's okay.", he said quickly, "I want to be here. With you."

Stevie smiled brightly at his words. Even if he lied right now, it was one of the nicest things anybody had said to her in a long time, and considering it came out of his mouth, made it even more special.

"Okay.. I'll go then. I'm quick, I promise. Five minutes maybe. I bet you want to shower, as well?", he stood up, took his leather bag and walked to the bathroom door.

"I'd love, too.. I'm kinda sweaty myself. I get us some room service in the meantime."

-

It actually took Lindsey only five minutes to get ready and step out of the bathroom again. She turned around and looked at him as he made his way across the room to the couch.

His hair was still wet, making his dark curls even more visible as usual. He wore a white T-shirt with long sleeves, it was relatively tight at his upper body and some of his dark chest hair showed at the collar where a few buttons were popped open. He stood there barefooted and in a pair of blue denim pants.

"Now, that was quick.", she smiled as he sat down next to her.

Stevie couldn't help but stare at him, examining every little feature of his face.

Gosh, he was beautiful.

"Have I got something on my face?!", he asked, wiping over his cheeks, asking himself why she was staring at him like that.

"No.", she said sheepishly and looked away as she blushed slightly.

"Then why are you looking at me like that?", he laughed, nudging her playfully to get her to look at him again.