Part 4

"Lindsey, you can stop pretending.. I know what I look like and it's far from beautiful..", Stevie said and looked away, it all hurt so much, even those drugs could not drown the pain she was feeling inside, right now.

"Bullshit.", he said, "You're right, I just saw your body. And you know what? I looked at you and tried my best to not take advantage of the situation. To not touch you inappropriately, even though I had you lying in front of me completely exposed for my eyes to see."

Stevie looked at him with wide eyes, she was speechless for a moment, "You.. you still find me... attractive?", she asked then sheepishly.

"God, yes, of course I do.", Lindsey sighed and pulled Stevie right into his arms, "You'll always be beautiful to me, Stephanie."

She started to cry even heavier at his words, desperately holding onto him, as he was lightly rocking her back and forth in order to soothe her, "I'm just so fucking worried about you, Stevie..", he mumbled then, "When Chris told me you changed those past seven years, I didn't expect that.. I mean, Stevie, you're losing yourself.. It hurts me terribly to see you like that."

"I just don't know what to do..", Stevie cried in response, "That doctor prescribed me those pills. He said I needed them to keep my hands off the coke.."

"Where are those pills?", Lindsey asked and backed off a little to look into her eyes.

"In my purse in the living-area..", she sobbed.

Lindsey nodded and got up, leaving the room.

"What are you doing?", Stevie yelled after him but he didn't respond, just came back with the white, little box only seconds later.

Lindsey turned the box in his hands, read the instruction leaflet, then opened it up and took one of the pills out.

"How many of these do you take in one day?"

"Five, six maybe.. Depends on the day.."

"Then, one of these won't kill me!"

"Lindsey, what..-?", Stevie started but it was too late. He had already swallowed one of them.

"Are you nuts?!", she shrieked, shaking him, "Why did you do that?"

"I want to know how you're feeling, but most of all, I want you to see what those pills do to you, Stevie!"

"But...-"

 "No but!", he stood back up and took her by her hand, "Are you feeling better by now? Dinner is served."

-

Ten minutes later, they were sitting on the couch, Stevie wrapped into a warm blanket as she had been freezing in her nightie, as they ate dinner.

When the warm food reached her stomach, she slowly started to feel better. Lindsey, on the other hand, had started to feel less and less good. The pill had begun to have an effect on his body. All of a sudden, he felt extremely tired, his mouth was dry, and a dizziness had overcome him.

"Are you okay?", Stevie asked worriedly as she watched Lindsey doing his best to keep his eyes open.

"I... I just..", he mumbled, "Steeeevie?"

"Yes, Linds, what's wrong?", she scooted closer to him, his pupils had grown large, the piercing blue color, that she loved so much, nearly entirely gone.

"I'm so...", he yawned, his eyelids closing, "..sooo tired..", and he fell back against the headboard of the couch, slumping down.

"Lindsey?", she stroked softly his cheek, "Linds? Are you asleep already?"