Part 20

Against her mother's advice, Stevie had decided to not tell Lindsey about the baby over the phone but talk to him face to face instead. She couldn't wait to see his reaction. She knew that he had his last show in Los Angeles the upcoming weekend and was most likely going to spend the night at home after his performance on Friday night.

Stevie had spoken to his mother Rutheda and had asked her for a spare key to Lindsey's house. She had planned to stay there and wait for him to come home after his show. She knew he was most likely going to come home late because of the usual after show party but she didn't care. She just needed to tell him. Besides, she usually stayed awake the whole night, anyway, so what was the big deal about it.

After packing a small bag of clothes and toiletries, Stevie kissed her parents goodbye on Friday morning, promising her mother to call her as soon as she had arrived, then sat down in a car and made her way to the airport to get her plane.

Stevie was glad nobody noticed her at the airport when she was escorted by security guards . Quickly, she boarded the plane and sat down on her window seat, looking down at the city below and trying to not attract any attention. She really was not in the mood to give any autographs, today. 

The flight didn't take long, and two and a half hours later, she sat down in another car, giving the driver the address of Lindsey's house. Stevie looked outside the window, quickly noticing that they were leaving central Los Angeles and heading to the suburbs instead. She wondered why Lindsey had chosen to live here. It was pretty unusual for him. He had always liked to live in the middle of a big city, having bars and restaurants as near as possible. 

Twenty minutes later, she paid the driver and made her way to a beautiful white house at the end of a long, quiet street. It was May and most of the trees and flowers were blossoming in the beautiful sunlight of the day. She fished for the keys Lindsey's mother had given to her and unlocked the door. It was quiet inside but looked very homey. She set down her bag, slipped out of her jacket and shoes and walked inside the kitchen. She was surprised to see that obviously somebody had gone grocery shopping. There were fresh fruits in a bowl sitting in the middle of the table and after taking a quick look inside the fridge she noticed that it was filled with food, as well. 

She smiled and turned on the radio, grabbing a banana and a glass of water and sat down at the table, subconsciously placing a hand on her stomach. As soon as she noticed her action, she had to chuckle a little bit. It was still a little unreal to her how fast she had accustomed herself to the idea of being pregnant. Eversince she had found out about her pregnancy, she could barely keep her hands off of her stomach. It was obvious that she had already fallen in love with this baby. 

All of a sudden, there was a clicking noise at the front door. Apparently, somebody was trying to come in. Stevie turned her head around to take a look into the hallway and saw a tall, skinny woman with long, dirty blonde hair stepping through the door. The woman stilled for a moment, her eyes getting wide as she noticed that somebody had entered the house without her knowledge.

"Don't panic!", Stevie said, thinking the woman had to be one of Lindsey's assistants, "Lindsey's mother gave me the keys."

Slowly, the other woman made her way into the kitchen, seeing Stevie sitting at the table. "I can't believe this..", she muttered under her breath as soon as she had realized who Stevie was, "Now, that's going too far!"

"I'm.. I'm sorry.", Stevie said, "I didn't want to scare you. I just wanted to surprise Lindsey.."

"Lindsey?!", the other woman said with a shrill voice, "Oh, really?!"

"Who.. who are you?", Stevie stammered. The whole behaviour of the unfamiliar woman starting to freak her out some.

"I'm Cheri.", she answered quickly, but when Stevie didn't react as if that name rang a bell, she added, "Cheri Caspari. I live here."