Part 5

"Now, let's try to get some sleep, okay?", Lindsey said and once again he tried to get up from the bathroom floor but stumbled and fell back on his knees again, "Can you help me?", he laughed then, "My legs are still shaking.."

"Of course.", Stevie said and got up on her feet, pulling him up as well, and guiding him into the bedroom, "You're going to stay here with me tonight, aren't you?"

"If that's okay for you?", he asked shyly and looked at her.

She didn't even have to think about it and nodded eagerly her head, giving him a sweet smile, "I don't wanna be alone tonight.."

"I don't want to be either.", he admitted, sat down on the bed and started unzipping his pants.

Stevie watched him with big eyes. It had been a while since she had shared a bed with a man, especially Lindsey.
"Come here..", he said after he had scooted up the bed and had disappeared underneath the blankets, holding out a hand for her.

She took a deep breath, then approached him and joined him in bed. As soon as the bedsheets surrounded both of them, he wrapped his arms around her body and pulled her close, "I'm so glad you trust me in this and want to get better.."

"Seeing you like this.. Gosh Linds, I had no idea it was that bad..", Stevie sighed and snuggled closer to him, she needed his comfort badly right now, "Everybody kept telling me how much I've changed and.. of course, I'm not blind, I see that too, everytime I look into the mirror.. It's just.. Gosh, I'm so fucking scared, Linds! I've been to rehab before, I know how hard this is.."

"And I know how strong you are, Steph. I have no doubt that you're going to push through and get better in no time.", he said soothingly, playing with her long, blonde hair, and placing another loving kiss on her forehead, "And I'll be there as often as I can. I'm even going to take some time off for awhile, postpone some dates of the second leg of my tour, if that's necessary."

"What?! No, Linds! No, I don't want my rehab hospitalization to interfere with you work schedule. You go and have a great time on the road! I know how successful your current tour and album is. I don't want you to disappoint your fans. I'm not worth it."

"God, Stevie! Will you stop? Haven't you understood anything, yet? You are worth it! You're goddamn worth it for me! I'm going to do anything. You hear me? Anything, to get you healthy and sober again."

Stevie lifted up her head and looked at him, again tears dwelling in her eyes, "Why are you doing this to me? Why are you so good to me, Linds? The last time I saw you I was nothing but a narcissistic bitch!"

Lindsey sighed in response, he had known that this question would come up along the way but he had not expected it to be asked so early, "Maybe I've never really got over you, Stephanie..", he said very quietly, not meeting her eyes.

"What do you mean?", she gasped, needing to hear the answer. Was it possible that he still had feelings for her?

"I just.. I need you to be fine. I.. I can't stand the thought of you being miserable or hurting.. It kills me to see you like that. You are still so important to me and.. I can't lose you. I just can't! Not after getting you back just today anyway.."

"I'm still important to you..", Stevie repeated his sentence in astonishment, "Really?"

"Really.", he said firmly.

"Why?", she asked, "You haven't seen or talked to me in seven years!"

"Because..", he swallowed hard, unsure if he should say the truth or not. He didn't know if Stevie was in the right condition to hear him saying that so soon..