03

- Joe -

Not so surprising, I had woken up half an hour before my alarm was set to go off. I had turned around while sleeping, Caspar's arms still around me, though I was facing his chest, my forehead actually pressed against it. I knew I should probably move; that he would most likely freak out if he woke up and saw me right next to him. But I didn't move. I just sighed, and his arms tightened, my whole body pressed against his. Even if I wanted to get out of it, I wouldn't be able to. I just embraced it, tangling my legs around his and going back to sleep.

~

I woke up to the sound of pictures being taken and laughter. I opened my eyes to see Zoe and Tanya taking pictures of Caspar and I, giggling as they did so. I groaned, hiding my face back in Caspar's chest.

"Caspy, wake up. They're taking pictures." I said, sitting up to stop them from taking pictures. Caspar pulled me back down, wrapping his arms around me again.

"I know they are. I've been awake this whole time. I just don't care." Caspar said, closing his eyes to go back to sleep. I laughed, pushing his arms off me and sitting on top of him.

"You have three seconds to get up before I force you to." I said, and, again, I talk a lot of smack for someone who's over five inches shorter than him and barely under a hundred pounds. He didn't get up by the time I counted to three, so I had Zoe come hold his arms and Tanya hold his legs while I sat on him and tickled him. He started laughing and squirming. Eventually, he gave in, getting his arms easily out of Zoe's grasp and picking me up and setting me down on the bed next to him. He could've done this when we first started tickling him, so why didn't he?

Caspar grabbed his bag from beside my bed and I followed, grabbing my bag and walking to the front door. If we didn't leave soon then we'd be late for our flight, and that would be disastrous. We opened the door, about to start the long walk down the stairs. I groaned.

"Jim, would you be a dear and carry my bag for me?" I asked. Jim already had his bag in the car, since Tanya and him were just picking us up. He laughed, but grabbed my bag anyway. 

"Why are you carrying his bag but not mine?" Alfie joked, though he held his bag just fine. 

"Well, Alfie, I actually like Joe." He said, and Alfie gasped. Caspar was in front of all of us on his phone, though he let out a laugh when he heard Jim's comment.

"Don't worry, mate, I like you." Caspar said, reaching up, acting like he was reaching to pat Alfie's shoulder, though he ended up patting my shoulder. I laughed, and Alfie put a hand on his heart, acting offended,

"Caspar! I'm the one who Jim insulted, not Joe. Comfort me instead." Alfie said, and Caspar laughed.

"No, I think I'll keep comforting Joe." He said, and I giggled. Zoe knew about my crush on Caspar, and I felt her elbow nudge lightly against my side. I looked at her, noticing that she was making a heart with her hand. I immediately grabbed her hands and pulled them apart, and she started laughing.

"What's so funny, Suggs?" Tanya asked, and I immediately replied with nothing, resulting in Zoe laughing harder.

"Joe is going to push Zoe down the four remaining flights of stairs if Zoe doesn't leave Joe alone." I spoke, and Zoe laughed but shut up right after. I smiled, happy with my little  victory. 

My happiness didn't last, though, as I was starting to feel a pain settle in the bottom of my stomach. Fuck, I'm getting tired. Not only do these tire me out normally, but I also didn't get enough sleep last night. Shit. 

"You alright, mate?" Jim asked me, and I just realized that I was kind of leaning on him. I apologized, standing a bit straighter up.

"Just really tired. Ugh, I don't think I can make these steps." I said honestly, grabbing on the railing and stopping. I hate to let them see me like this; but it was true. I think if I would've continued to walk down those steps then I would've eventually passed out.