07

- Joe -

It was a busy day in the house. While Marcus was moving his stuff out, Caspar was moving his stuff in. It was a mess that I was staying out of. I was sat on the couch watching Netflix on my laptop while all of the dealt with it. 

~

- Caspar -

"I need you to keep a close eye on him, okay? There's obviously something going on that he's not telling any of us about." I could see genuine worry in Marcus's eyes as he was telling me this. I've noticed that Joe wasn't the same; I just didn't know what to do about it. It's not like he would just open up about everything if I approached him. 

"So why are you leaving when your best friend might need you the most?" I asked, and I immediately felt like it was the wrong question. Marcus looked down, his whole demeanor looking depressed.

"Because it's pretty obvious that whatever's going on, he doesn't want to talk to me about it. And he trusts you, Caspar. Why else do you think I went up to you first to make sure you could move in with him? I don't know what it is about you, but he likes you so much. He needs someone, Caspar, and you are that someone." Marcus looked desperate. It must be hard; caring and worrying for a friend so much but they don't seem to notice you. Marcus was a good guy; not many people would go to the lengths he is going to to make sure their friend is okay. He told me that he didn't know what he'd do to help Joe if this didn't work.

"So how serious do you think it is?" 

"As far as I can tell, he's just not eating right and he's possibly depressed. So do your best to help him get to a healthier weight. If you can, let him come to you with his problems. But if it gets to serious, then you might have to approach him. Which may be difficult because when I tried to talk to him he just ignored me," Marcus answered. 

"Alright. Got it. Is he...okay?" I didn't know how long this had been going on for, but I knew we had to do something about it. Joe was slowly killing himself, whether he realized that or not. We need to get him help now before it's too late for him to get better. I looked up at Marcus, noticing for the first time that there were tears in his eyes.

"I don't think he's been okay for awhile."

~