Chapter 1

It was a beautiful day on the coast of California. The sun had been out in full force with a breeze accompanying its' strong rays as they made their way to the beach. I could feel the sand as I wiggled my toes in deeper soaking in the coolness beneath the top surface.

The lads and I had decided to take a well deserved beach day from the craziness of life and it was the best decision we had made in a long time. Looking around our little camp through the lens of my Ray Bans I could see Niall sitting in a lawn chair strumming a little tune on his guitar, Liam sprawled out on top of a few towels lost in the pages of a well worn book, then Louis and Zayn kicking around the football a few paces away. I couldn't contain the smile that crept on my face drinking in such a happy scene.

Niall taking notice of my content chucked his guitar chip at my face, flicking me across the nose. "Oi! What ya starin' at mate?"

I threw the chip back at him and bounced to my feet. "Do you see this day?! Do you see how perfect it was? Look how outside we are!" I flung my hands into the sky and tilted my head back to catch the sun on my face.

"No matter how many times you say that it will still not sound correct." Liam called, his eyes still glued to the pages of his book.

About that time Zayn kicked the football hitting Niall in the back the head, a dare none of us could refuse. Liam dropped his book and joined me jogging towards Louis and Zayn while Niall placed his guitar in its case. We played for a while getting rougher and more careless in our actions until a failed attempt at an awesome jump kick thing of my own invention sent the ball flying across the sand and into a fellow beach goers back.

The black haired man who I accidentally hit spun around, rage pouring from his eyes as he looked around for his assailant. Making sheepish eye contact, I waved and yelled a sorry that was drowned out by the waves.

"Uh, maybe this our cue to leave?" Louis whispered towards me while we watched the well built, tan and angry man made his way effortlessly across the sand towards us.

"Hey! What was all that about?!" His voice seemed to carry thunder as he gestured to the ball he carried with him. "Ever heard of the word ball control?"

"Ever heard of anger management?" Zayn answered right back.

"Excuse me!" If the man had been angry before he was furious now. I took a step between him and Zayn before a fight could break out.

"Uh, hello, sir. That was my fault, Zayn didn't really mean that..." I was scurrying for ideas to avoid a mess, I usually never back down from a fight but today was supposed to be a relaxing day at the beach. Trying to find reasoning in his light blue eyes was starting to become pointless until a voice rang out from behind him

"Artem! You know better than that!"

Artem gave one last stare towards me before turning to reveal one of the most beautiful creatures I have ever seen. Her strong looking, tanned legs were being teased by the slight waving of her light brown canvas skirt that sat loosely on curvy hips. Her stomach looked soft but sculpted tempting me to brush my hand down her side. As she uncrossed her arms, her roughed-up gold bikini top accentuated her curves and tied off around a slender neck. As I looked at her face, I had never seen anyone so wild and intriguing as her. Her waist-length, dark brown hair swirled around her shoulders as a personal hurricane, the light freckles dotted across the bridge of  her nose like a starry night. But it was her eyes that captured me the most. The cerulean blue depths I gazed into made me lost yet I had never felt more in the right place than I did looking into her eyes.  Framed with thick black lashes and perfectly arched eyebrows I found myself holding my breath in fear that breathing out would blow her away from reality.

A awkward cough from behind me slung me back into reality. I felt the blush creeping up on my cheeks and I dropped my eye contact briefly, but I couldn't bring myself to stop looking at her. She held my gaze for a moment longer before turning her attention back to Artem.

"Come on, brother. We should leave, now." Her voice as musical as it was still had a commanding tone to it .

Before I could stop myself, I blurted out, "We're really sorry. I'm not exactly a pro, I told them to not let me play." I laughed nervously at the end to lighten the mood.

She flashed me a smile, oh my God what a beautiful thing it was. I found myself wanting to be behind the cause of that smile again. "We could always play teams? Worst player wins!"

"That's awfully sweet of you, but we were just about to leave. Good luck with that kick of yours." She gave another smile before gripping her brother's shoulder and turning them back to their group of staring companions.

They were halfway to their group when I shouted, "Wait!", and took off running towards her. She and Artem turned around, the latter rolling his eyes and continued walking away while she looked up at me confused.

"I, uh, never got your name." I breathed the words out in a rush, "My name is Harry, Harry Styles." I extended my hand towards her, gosh I'm awkward.

"Oh," she brushed her hair back with her right hand before grabbing mine. "It's nice to meet you Harry, I'm Aria." Her hand felt so warm and small in my hand, I had to remind myself to not hold on for too long.

"Could I see you again? I mean, without kicking your brother with a football?" I rocked back and forth on my heels, failing miserably to hide my nerves.

"Um, I'm not really from around here so I don't know..." She trailed off looking towards the ground.

"How about I meet you here tomorrow at like 6ish? Come hungry and if after that you never want to see me again, you can kick me with a football and throw me in the ocean?" Now I wasn't even trying to hide my desperation.

She giggled tucking her hand behind her ear again, it was the cutest thing and I just wanted more. "Alright, alright. I think I can do that." She smiled up at me again, glowing brighter than the now fading sun.

The relief that washed over me was incredible, releasing the breath I was holding I smiled back at her. "Great! See you at six, Aria."

"Bye, Harry." She turned and floated back to her group who had been unabashedly staring not much unlike my group of friends who began yelling and cheering as I made my walk back.

Aria, her brother and friends soon left the beach without another word leaving the sandy expanse to ourselves. We stayed long until the sun went away before finally packing up everything and heading to our respective homes. As I crawled into bed that night couldn't help but think of the beautiful girl with blue eyes until I drifted asleep.

Author's note:
Hey y'all! So I had started a story with the same title but didn't really like where it was headed so I've restarted now and have some really cool things planned for this one! Please vote or comment what you like or what you would want to see more of, I can write all I want but it doesn't make a difference unless y'all are enjoying it, so let me know!
-crash {--|-