Chapter 6

Aria POV

I woke with subtle kisses of sunshine peaking through my sheer white curtains. My head hurt slightly from my small hangover but as I recall the feeling of Harry's lips on mine the pain is instantly forgotten. I trace my lips with my fingers and couldn't help but giggle to myself.

I stretch my body out under my covers and roll over to face the ceiling and the glow in the dark star sticker I put up so many years ago. They reminded me of my mother. She and I would crawl out onto the roof and count as many as we could, tracing the shapes they formed against the dark night sky. I wonder what she would think of Harry. Honestly she would probably like him, I know she would be simply happy with the fact that he made me happy. It wasn't a new thing for our kind to fall in love with humans, not an everyday occurrence and especially not for a person in the position that I was but nonetheless not a new thing.

I heard a loud huff from the foot of my bed as I squirmed in bed again. Moving around my pillows I see Winston sprawled across the other side my bed obviously not interested in waking up this early.

"Winnie boy," I say in a sing song voice, "you know I'm the early riser in this house." I'm answered with big, pitiful brown  eyes and another huff of dog breath. "If you wanted to sleep in you should've crashed with Artem."

Winston made a human like groan sound and dragged himself to lay across my body, effectively howling me captive to my bed. I laugh and ruffle his ears as he closes his eyes again, "Yeah I guess he does smell pretty bad."

---

I eventually convinced Winston to roll off me and follow me to the kitchen after he bargained his way into getting 2 dog biscuits, what we liked to call cookies, with his breakfast.

As he slobbered his way through his meal I brewed up a pot of coffee and went to my spot at the kitchen table. The sea breeze just started to blow in gently through the open windows to tickle my long hair around my shoulders. Mornings like this should always be a thing I thought to myself.

My phone buzzed with an incoming message and a rush of butterflies erupted in my stomach as Harry's name flashed across my screen.

Good morning! I have to go into work today, wanna swing by and grab lunch though? Xx H

Yeah! 12:30 sound good? I responded, a giddy smile spreading uncontrollably across my face.

Sounds perfect! Looking forward to it ;) Xx H

"Someone looks like she enjoyed her night out." Aunt Sarah teased as she padded into the kitchen.

"That would be the understatement of the century." I confirmed, leaning back in my chair and running my finger through my thick waves of hair.

"I'm surprised you haven't eaten yet, you get so hangry." She teased as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Let's be honest here. Your waffles are always better than mine."

"Can you believe this Winston?" She smiled shaking her head as the big dog made his way to his owner. "Homegirl over there doesn't want to make her own breakfast!" Winston barked in response making us both laugh.

"Alright, alright!" I held my hands up in concession, "I'll make the bacon."

"That's what I thought." Aunt Sarah teased, bumping me with her hip as I walked around her to get to the fridge.

---

When it got close to lunch time I grabbed my purse and headed to my truck. I loved that thing. It was a white F150 with a stone colored bar around the bottom, a moon roof that I throughly enjoyed and a carpeted bed liner with a hard top cover that made beach camping more enjoyable. I had nicknamed him Prince Charming because at the time that was the only 'knight in shining armor on a white steed' that I needed at the time. Harry might be that now I thought to myself as I pushed the keys into the ignition and was greeted by my favorite Jimmy Buffet CD.