Chapter 5

I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of the sun as it lit up my face and the soft breeze played with my loose waves. I looked over at Harry as he drove his Range Rover back to my Aunt's to find that he was already looking at me.

"Hey, the road is that way, you know?" I pointed towards the empty, winding road that lay in front of us.

"I find you very distracting." He stated. "I don't think my passenger seat has looked any better."

I simply smiled back at him before reaching out and placing my hand in his non-driving one. I seemed to run out of clever statements in front of him, but this, this was easy.

A few minutes later he pulled up in the drive, threw the car in park and looked over at me. "Could I see you again?" He asked tentatively as he fiddled with his Ray Bans.

I turned in my seat to get a better look at him. Putting my elbow on the center console and holding my chin in my hand, I waited for him to look at me before saying, "I would really like that." Harry flashed a huge smile back at me, a look of relief crossing his beautiful features. "When's good for you?"

"I would say now, but I have to get to work." Harry answered running his fingers through his wind-blown hair. "But maybe could do something tonight? I heard there's a band playing down at that beach bar place."

"Ooh! I love live music! I'm so down, what time should I meet you there?"

"Does 8:00 sound good?"

"Sounds perfect to me." I smiled back at him. We sat there for what seemed an eternity in that awkward, 'should we kiss', moment but before anything could happen, the loud sound of a screen door slamming closed stopped us.

I looked up to see my very angry brother standing on the porch with his arms crossed. "Well, I think that's my cue." I laughed nervously and slipped a strand of hair behind my ear. "Harry, I had a really fantastic time. I'm looking forward to tonight."

"I did too." Blushing red he looked at me before looking back at my brother, "I guess you should go, dying isn't a excused absence at work."

"Haha! I bet that it isn't!" I said as I crawled out of the front seat to the soft driveway dirt. "Would you mind opening the back so I can get my bike?"

"Oh! Duh!" Harry scrambled out of his seat and to the back to unlock the trunk space and wrangling my bike out for me.

"Real nice of you to bring my sister home so early." Artem practically growled from the front porch steps.

"You're welcome!" Harry's voice rang out as he wheeled my bike towards Artem. I watched with wide eyes as I saw Artem's arm muscles flex in response to Harry's sarcasm. "Wouldn't want the little lady to be away from big brother for too long." Harry turned back and winked at me while I tried to contain my laughter. 

"Now you listen, this isn't some game!" Artem yelled at Harry while beginning to clomp down the stairs.

"Gentlemen!" I interrupted Artem before he would do anything stupid. "Artem, go away. And Harry," I walked towards him and smiled up at his big green eyes, "thank you so much for such a fun date." I said placing my hand on his arm before tip-toeing up to kiss his cheek then walking up the stairs.

Artem's face contorted in fury as he chased after me into the house and Harry got back in his car and pulled away. 

"Are you completely mad, Aria? Do you know what this means?" Artem follows me up the stairs towards my bedroom, his volume matching our ascension. "You can't just go around kissing people like that! Much less kiss humans!"