Chapter 4

The next time they see each other, it was in the hallways. It'd been a couple of days since they last spoke— and for a while Camila assumed the girl was done with her.

But she was positive that Lauren was making her way towards her ( at least 99% sure ) and she's wearing a dopey grin that both confuses and ( weirdly enough ) scare her.

It's not her fault that she tends to assume the worst when it comes to the Senior.

"I passed," the green eyed girl practically screamed when she was near, holding up the test for the other to see.

Camila took awhile to register what she was talking about before grabbing the sheet from her. "That's great, Lauren," she spoke, a lot less ecstatically than her. Thankfully the other was way too happy to notice.

"Yeah, so I don't have to take summer school and I can walk the stage," she grins. And the poor girl didn't even have time to push her away when strong arms wraps around her slim waist, pulling her in for a tight hug.

"Thank you, you're the best," Lauren murmurs, pulling back to place two very eager kisses on each side of her face. This time, it was really an accident when her lips ends up brushing against theirs, both if she noticed, the ravenette didn't react to it.

But Camila did. And her eyes goes wide, but before she could say something or do anything, the sound of her best friend's voice is booming through the hallway.

"Get your fucking nasty ass hands off of her, Jauregui!"

The loud voice caused Lauren to turn around, brows furrowed in confusion. She doesn't remember her— more importantly, she doesn't remember fucking her or even talking to her. Why would she be mad about her talking to Camila? Lauren wondered, until she pieced it together. Or at least she thought she did.

"Oh now it all makes sense," she thought aloud, throwing her hands up as if she just figured out a math problem she've been stuck on for hours ( It happened once, actually. During one of their tutoring session. Camila didn't wanna admit it, but she thought Lauren was actually pretty cute that day.) "You two are fucking, huh?"

The younger girl scowled, but before she could say anything, Dinah interrupted her.
"No, you stupid bag of shit. She's my best friend and you're harassing her."

The Tongan didn't hesitate to get right up in Lauren's face, the height difference giving her an advantage.

"I'm not harassing her," the ravenette scoffed, not daring to show any fear as she gazed back up at Dinah with a scowl. And for a second they both went silent before a smirk appeared on Lauren's face. And that, well, that simply pissed off Dinah.

"How can you say that when she looks uncomfortable whenever she's near you? I swear, you fucking think that every girl wants you when in reality they think you're annoying. You go around touching them, violating their fucking space, just because you think you're the fucking hottest piece of shit in the world. It's sad, Jauregui. Think about all the girls that you made uncomfortable. It's annoying how my best friend is your main fucking target now."

The small audience they once hand grew as Dinah spoke, and Lauren's usual confidence dwindled down.

Shaking her head, Lauren let out a small laugh before taking a back and roughly grabbing the piece of paper from a stunned Camila.

"You don't know shit," she spoke weakly. Walking down the hallway, the green eyed girl kept her head held high until she reached Normani. She completely ignored the others that were speaking to her friend as she wrapped her fingers around their firm biceps, dragging her down the hallway.
Normani unwillingly went with her and if she didn't know Lauren, she'd be pissed at her right now. But she did, and the girl could tell she wasn't alright.

***

For weeks, Lauren doesn't talk to Camila and during that time, Hailee, one of Lauren's teammate finds her way to Camila. She was nice to her, she was decent, and most importantly she kept from giving Camila a migraine.

Lauren notices it, but doesn't say anything. It's not like she could anyways.

She's been staying lowing. She didn't flirt with anyone that wasn't a girl she previously had a fling with. Actually, there was no one else besides Normani, actually got to spend some time with her after school.

She felt like shit. And it probably showed by how she acted. Lauren avoided Camila as best as she could, even going as far as finding another another tutor. Which sucked, because she actually had to pay them this time.

"Lauren, stop," Normani murmured, watching her best friend practically glare at the back of Dinah's head.

It was obvious though and no one really had to hear that come from her mouth to believe it. "I don't like her," Lauren reasoned, shrugging her shoulders before shoving a spoonful of pasta in her mouth. Normani merely rolls her eyes at her best friend's childish words before flicking the girl's ear.

"Stop. She didn't say shit, but call you out on your bullshit."

"Aren't you supposed to be taking my side?"

"Babe, I love you but you honestly needed that wake up ca— Oh hey, don't be like that. Come back." The girl frowned as Lauren tugged her arm out of her hold. She never really did deal well with things not going her way. And apparently, a shit ton of things just haven't gone her way for awhile.

As she walks down the almost empty hallway, her luck kept on dying out. The senior spots her teammate standing far too close next to Camila and this time, she actually doesn't look uncomfortable.

Actually, she looks like she's having a great time and as much as Lauren wouldn't like to admit, it was a huge hit to her ego.

Hailee looks away from Camila and locks eyes with Lauren, causing a grin to appear on her lips.

"Oh hey, Lo!" She called out happily. Her cheerfulness wasn't reciprocated though. Lauren just lets out a bitter laugh before continuing to walk further down the hall.

She doesn't know why it sucked so much to see Camila flirting with other girls, or simply talking to other girls that could like her, but she doesn't wanna dwell on that. The feeling is not something she was familiar with and honestly, she doesn't wanna feel it again.

She doesn't like her.

Lauren can't like her—- especially because she knows Camila will never like her.

A/N: this took a hell long time omg. sorry babes but anyways hang out with me on tumblr, yeah? hit me up on chrlzdpd.tumblr.com