Chapter 5

Everything seems to be changing for Lauren. And she wasn't too sure if it was for the better.

"Lauren come on— stop being so pissy. It's been weeks and you haven't even tried to flirt with the new girl. Who's clearly fucking gay, babe," Normani sighed, gazing at her best friend with a faint frown. It just wasn't right.

She really hate seeing her so fucking depressed.

"She's not my type," Lauren shrugged, leaning back against the white headboard before popping a chip into her mouth.

"Your type is female," she deadpanned, giving the girl a look. ( Though how could Lauren even see it when her attention was completely focused on the television screen? )

"I raised my standards."

"Do I reach your standards?"

"Of course," Lauren nodded, still a bit distracted. But her hand does go to her best friend's thigh, her pale hand rubbing up and down their leggings covered skin.

"Laur, really. You're acting so weird— what's wrong with you? Why can't you tell me what's going on?" She practically pleaded. Only to scowl when Lauren shrugs at her.

"Alright, that's it," Normani huffed, turning off the television which caused a groan to escape the other girl's lips. She goes to straddle the other girl's lap, pushing away the bag of chips far away from her before grabbing Lauren's hand to place onto her own waist.

"Do you need someone to fuck the sad out of you? Because I'm right here, Laur— completely willing," Normani offered with a raised eyebrow. She hadn't expected her best friend to not only reject her offer but to also pull her into a hug instead.

"I'm okay," the Cuban murmured against her neck, arms encircling the other's waist.

"Then stop acting like you're a wounded puppy. It's honestly killing my vibe," Normani spoke, a small hint of playfulness in her voice. A smile then graced her lips when she felt the other's body vibrate from laughter. She then feels Lauren speaking into her neck, but her words were muffled so she pulled back and asked her to repeat it again.

"I said I'm sorry. I just feel so stupid lately and yeah—," she shrugged off easily, as if that wasn't what Normani was waiting for all day.

"You shouldn't. You learned that what you were doing was dumb as hell and now you've stopped. And besides, no one remembers what happened besides that Dinah chick so you're fine." The girl reassured her, taking Lauren's chin gently between her fingers to lift her head up a bit. "I hate seeing you sad, Laur. Like I rather have you being a little fuck girl rather than this."

Lauren laughs and shakes her head a bit before nodding slightly and taking the other's wrist into her hand.

"So..." She began, a sly smile appearing on her lips.

"Can you still fuck the remaining sadness out of me?"

~~~

"She's nice, but I'm not even into girls, Dinah," Camila huffed, a bit bothered by her best friend's nagging. All she seems to be talking about was the softball player's huge interest in her. Yeah, she noticed the sudden rise of attention from her, but she didn't see her that way. Maybe she realized she wanted to be friends with Camila late and wanted to make up for lost time? Whatever excuse seems to be better than having another softball player interested in her. In fact, she realized she only wanted the attention of one of them lately.

She won't go as far as saying that she missed Lauren ( mostly because she was almost sure Dinah would kill her if she heard that coming out of Camila's mouth ). But the time where Lauren actually treated her decently was good— they shared the same music taste and she missed getting texts from the older girl to listen to a song.

Shutting her locker, she turned to face the younger girl with an unimpressed look ( which unsurprisingly matched hers ).

"Mila, she's hot and nice. Why don't you give her a try? The boys here sucks anyways so why not try batting for the same team or something?" Dinah pushed.

As much as Camila said that she was straight, Dinah knew otherwise. She've seen her lingering gaze on girls and the way she actually acts around them, but the thing is, she doesn't like who they were directed at. Maybe it wasn't intentional, but sometimes she'd see her best friend watching Lauren leave and her eyes would drop down to her ass. Or when she tutored Lauren, she would lean in close to help her. ( There had been multiple occasions where Dinah would join their tutoring sessions in the library. )

She was almost completely sure that Camila doesn't notice it— but she does and it bothers her to no end. Lauren was the bane to her existence and to have her best friend like her would just be plain awful.

"Because I don't want to, Dinah, now please," she pleaded, her eyes showing exhaustion. "Drop it. I have a test next period so I'm gonna study really quick," she explained, not waiting for the taller girl to respond before walking down the hallway. She normally wouldn't be rude like that, but she was getting annoyed. Camila didn't know why she was being pushed to seeing someone she doesn't want to be with and clearly, she doesn't want to find out. It was just her luck that Lauren walks out of the bathroom the same time she passes it.

Their eyes meet and for a second she thinks Lauren was going to simply ignore her ( which she've been doing for awhile now ), but today she gets a faint smile. She hadn't expected it— mostly because she thinks that the other girl hated her now for the whole commotion a couple weeks ago, but also because she heard that Lauren hadn't been herself lately. The constant smirk that used to always grace her lips were barely seen and she hadn't heard a girl talk about hooking up with her in awhile.

Due to her slight shock, she hadn't been able to give a smile back before the other girl was out of sight. So she continues to make her way to her next class, sitting herself in the middle row before taking out her notes to study.

Camila then felt her phone vibrate— and consider how early she was, she took it out and read the message.

Lauren ( 1:14pm ): young god by halsey.

Lauren ( 1:14pm ): it's not your usual type but i think you'll like it. and hey

Lauren ( 1:15pm): i know you're an angel so if you wanna go to heaven, just hit me up ;)

A/N: damn well this was overdue. anyways, sorry y'all. school started and i'm still going to work so yeah. and please don't push me to update. like i will on my own time. it's just really irritating when someone continuously bugs me to write when 1) i don't have time and 2) i don't have the muse to. anyways, i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. ily guys -char