Chapter 6

"Stop staring at her."

"I can't, Mani."

"You can. Now stop staring." Normani
emphasized her words with an elbow to her ribs causing Lauren to finally move her gaze away from the two best friends to glare at her best friend.

(Ex best friend soon if she continues to abuse her like this.)

"She looks so fucking cute today though. Like really fucking cute. Like—" she uses her hands to demonstrate just how much.

"That cute."

"That cute?"

"That fucking cute."

It was clear that the darker skinned girl was now messing with her, amusing at how Lauren was acting. Her eyes were glassy looking and slightly red. The eye drops she used wasn't the best considering she left them in Normani's room the last time she got high and had to settle with her old one.

"You gonna talk to her?" She asked, causing Lauren to scoff and lean back against her seat with her arms crossed.

"Can't do that. She still hasn't replied to any of my texts and she cancelled every tutoring session we had scheduled. I'll look desperate."

"Mm, 'cause all the texts you've sent her the past two weeks didn't make you look desperate at all."

"Exactly. I'd be pushing it if I straight up talked to her. Also Hansen's right there. I'mma get my ass whooped," she frowned, glaring at the back of Dinah's head. She still blames her for everything.

"Ashley's coming." Her best friend warned, watching her best friend sit up straight and acted as if she wasn't high off her ass.

"Hey cuzzo! Long time no see! It's been like—- so long and shit," Lauren greeted far too happily for Ashley's liking. Her cousin furrowed her brows and pushed the hand that were waiting for hers back down.

"She's high, hm?"

"Higher than a kite, Ash."

"I am so fucking not."

"Oh? Good, cause Camila wanted me to talk to you. Told me she wanted to apologize 'cause Dinah's been holding onto her phone lately."

"Wait, really?"

"No, you dumb shit. She's still doesn't wanna talk to you and all that staring literally makes her uncomfortable. I mean, even I fucking noticed and I wasn't even the one being stared at." The blonde shook her head and plopped down to her (very distant) cousin. Placing a hand on her shoulder, the girl leaned forward to whisper in her ear, "give up, Lo. She doesn't want you."

That should've hurt like hell but really, it only caused a laugh to emit from her lips. "You think I'm gonna give up now? Nah bruh, I'mma talk to her right now."

Getting up, Lauren confidently made her way to the girl of her desire and settled her palms firmly onto the table top.

"Hi Camila, you look super cute today. You wanna come over today? And not bring this guard beast with you?"

At her words, Dinah scoffed and held a finger out to stop her best friend from talking.
"You 'boutta get a beating if you don't get your ass outta her, you delusion, cunt munching piece of sh—"

"Dinah! That's enough and totally uncalled for!"

"She brings out the worst in me, Chanch. I wanna fucking hit her so bad and that fucking smirk of hers ain't help.ing Quit fucking smirking you vampire looking ass bitch."
Camila brought her hands onto her face and sighed,  knowing that Dinah is taking this way too far. There's been a lot of pent up anger in her best friend and it wasn't helping that she would know and read the text messages that Lauren's been sending throughout the two weeks.

They went from sexual to down right sexting at one point. Why she hasn't blocked her, she doesn't really know.

"Camila's defending me," Lauren spoke, her smirk turning into a grin as she glanced down at her.

"I'm not."

"Are too."

"Lauren."

"Yeah babe?"

With a frustrated sigh, she got up and grabbed a hold of the girl's arm.

"Let's talk outside."

"Are you fucking kidding me, Mila? You're gonna let her talk to you?"

"Dj, I got this. She's high, she won't do anything."

"Yeah, I won't do anything," Lauren agreed eagerly. Without waiting for anymore of a complaint from her best friend, Camila dragged the girl out of the cafeteria. It dawned to her that she was high in the midst of their interaction. And it's not so hard to figure out if she was under the influenced or not considering Lauren had actually gone to tutoring sessions high off her as multiple times.

"God, I miss having you alone," Lauren murmured as soon as the door shut, hands finding their way to their waist.

"Okay, one, we're not alone. There's literally someone on their phone a couple feet away and two... you can't do this," Camila gently plucked the girls fingers off of her.

"Why not?" She frowned, looking like a dejected puppy.

"Because... Well, because I don't like it."

"I'm not trying to put my hands inside your shirt, Camila." Lauren rolls her eyes, hands reaching out to play with the hem of her shirt.

"I know but I just... Lauren, I'm dating Hailee..."

Camila doesn't know why, but she sees hurt in Lauren's eyes.

(And for the sake of complicity, she hopes its just from the high.)

"Oh."

"Yeah... Oh."

Without another word, Lauren stepped around Camila and made her way back into the cafeteria as if what she had said didn't really register in her head.

But fuck it did.

A/N: so like what? a couple months hiatus or something right? anyways school sucks and work sucks but I'm legal now so that doesn't suck. this chapter sucked too lmao