Truth Or Dare chapter five

Chapter five:

 Oh no, what do I say to this? What would the twins say? I had an image of Kristy leaning forward pushing Kane to the couch and making out with him on the spot. I blinked, ok bad choice what would... Paige do? I saw a funny picture of her blinking uncontrollably and slapping Kane across the face then stomping off. Ok this isn’t getting me anywhere... Do I like Kane? A small part of my brain whispered that I had always had a strange crush on him when younger. But that was then. Now I could only see him as my friend. Plus there was the issue with Michael. Was I even ready for a relationship? No

“Yes.” I said shaking my head. Kane’s grin widened. “I promise you won’t regret this.” He said hugging me strongly. I thought maybe this could work for a moment. But had to shake myself mentally. What have you done?

As if on cue my phone started singing. I quickly unwrapped myself and picked up-not realising it could be my mother. “Vi!” Two voices coughed in unison. “Hang on.” I muttered seeing Kane stare at my phone in awe, “I have to go Kane.” I said awkwardly patting his back and rushing out. “Oh my god. I need to talk to you guys so badly.” I said pushing myself to get away from Kane’s territory. “Spill sister.” I heard Valley say. “I just got kissed... By-by Kane Demonpentrox.” I said voice straining. “You don’t sound happy about this?” Said Kristy. I sighed feeling a migraine coming on. “I called you guys earlier because I’ve been having a tough time lately. Then I had a fight with mum ran away and had nowhere else to go but to Kane’s. Because, well I thought I could tell him anything and him not at school is better for me because then I don’t need people taking sides. So I went to him and he comforted me... Then kissed me... Then asked me out.” If anything I wasn’t expecting silence. “Hello?” I heard a cough, “sorry, did you say you had a fight with your mum?” I rolled my eyes holding the bridge of my nose. “Yeah, but that’s not the point. He asked me out!” They chuckled roughly, “and..?” I growled, “and I was finding it hard to reply because he said “‘Maybe sometimes you just need to have someone take your breath away to think clearly.’ So being the idiot I am I said it was cheesy and then he asked me out! I couldn’t help but say yes. Because I wasn’t thinking clearly at all!!” The twins let out another throaty laugh. “This isn’t funny! I don’t want to go out with Kane! It’s like dating a family member!” Suddenly I heard Kristy say, “wait, I thought you were happily dating Michael?”

“Well... I was but he tried to sleep with me. So I’ve been ignoring him.” I heard a gasp, “seriously?! That mother fucker!” I hummed looking at my surroundings for the first time. Where am I? I haven’t been here before. “Kristy, we’re going off topic let her ask us for advice.” I blinked at the street sign “Truth St” I read out loud. “That’s it!” I finally remembered I was on the phone. “What’s it?” I asked sounding worried even to my own ears, “Truth or Dare relationships!” Screeched Valley, “it’s like the game that you play as a kid,” Said Kristy, “except completely different”

“You see when you’re in the kind of situation that you are in right now with the guy you like being a jerk and the other-,”

“- guy that you don’t like being sweeter than summer-,”

“-you simply ask yourself truth or dare?”

“If you choose truth you dump Mr. nice guy and-,”

They both said in a sing-song voice, “follow your heart,”

“But!” continued Kristy, “if you choose dare you try something new,”

“and maybe find that you were meant to be with the sweet pee.” I heard a sigh. But felt completely lost now. “So your saying it’s a 50, 50 here, I can’t win or lose with either choice?” They both took an intake of breath, “well... of cause you can that’s the game. But you know it’s up to you. Anyway there’s a rerun of friends on TV so we got to scooter. Ta, ta” They hung up.  “Blue bird?” I swung around my heart thumping at the nickname, “uh, Michael...” He was still in school uniform and he had his head phones wrapped around his neck. “Please talk to me?” He asked walking up to me. “I-I-I,” I’ve been doing that a lot lately. “I need to go.” I said, “Vitae, I just... Do you even know your way home from here?” He asked. The fact was I had no clue. But I wasn’t going to let him know this, “yep! Just visiting my uh... boyfriend!” Oh fucks please kill me now. Michael looked at me as if betrayed, “me or..?”  I wiped my brow, “um...” He shook his head and pushed past me. Well I guess I’m choosing dare. Maybe Kane wasn’t too bad. Who am I kidding? I watched him slump away and turn his head like an ashamed mum. But why was he allowed to be ashamed? He almost raped me! I had at least the right to not be with him anymore. That’s right walk away from me! I wanted to say but I felt like my heart was silently cracking.

It took me two hours to get home to a very angry mother who had had a very serious talk to me, and grounded me. Could life get any worse? I sent a text to the twins:

FML I chose dare. Mum’s pissed. And I’m grounded.

I got a reply almost two seconds after from Valley.

Heyy that was quick... It’s only day one though so I bet it’ll get better xxx gtg sozzy gal bye byes!

I didn’t bother texting back instead I went to bed. My legs were aching and my feet felt bruised. But the worst part was that my heart felt like a twisted mix of guilt and confusion. I looked at my surroundings while getting settled for the night.               

   I was in the room again that was without any evidence of being my own. I didn’t have to look down to know a boy was resting. All I had to do was listen. “Soon my friend.” Slithered a non-human voice; I wriggled a bit closer to the shadow. But like last time I wasn’t able to change anything. A new figure showed at the entrance. The only shimmer of light that appeared through the room. The person was still and the figure on the bed didn’t seem to notice the other person. “Wait... What?” The person in the door frame whispered-voice sounding familiar. The figure on the bed vibrated, shimmered and disappeared. The person staring at the bed in disbelief. A movement beneath me. I looked down, the boys face wasn’t one that I really wanted to see considering my luck. “Kane?” But it wasn’t me. It was the person in the doorway. I blinked trying to make out the features of the stressed character. “We have to get out of here!” She said her voice slightly sharp. “Oh and Vitae... Find him before too late!” I raised an eyebrow. Now the voice made scenes. It was the voice from my other dreams. When I woke up only some images from the dream were still visible in my mind.  I got up. But when I started to change I remembered one very annoying thing. I was grounded.