Party?? chapter seven (part 2)

I watched Damon. Hoping he didn’t find my story unusual. He hugged me tightly, “we’re all here for you. Don’t worry about Michael and that dragon dude, just focus on those dreams... Come on let’s go dance!” He started to pull me up and a thought crossed my mind. “Please don’t tell anyone about anything,” I said sniffling. “Why would I do that?” I let him pull me up and I swatted my face once again for a makeup make sure. I was greeted by a worried James and a not so happy Michael. “I’m going to go get a drink,” I say roughly still finding it hard to look at Michael squarely; as if not taking the clue that I was dropping a hint Michael joins me with a “yeah same.” I try to ignore his prescience while I work my way around the full house. I finally see a white top of a fridge and stop in front of it knowing that this was my dead end. I turned, “well? Are you going to get a drink?” I asked rudely my mouth feeling thick with desire to be anywhere but here. “You’ve been crying bluebird,” I took a glance at my reflection in the shiny fridge door. A drizzle of black mascara was smudged below my cheek, “no I haven’t,” I said quickly rubbing my hand over the damp smudge. “What’s wrong?” I couldn’t answer him; I swung the door open and felt for a glass bottle. My hand gripped something and I pulled it out opening the top and taking a swing. A bitter grassy taste filled my mouth and a tingling burn swept down my throat. I looked at the label. As suspected it was beer. I started to screw the lid back on when Michael spoke again. “Vitae please, I’m so sorry about everything just please. I’m so worried about you,” I felt the tip of the beer bottle on my tongue and was drinking it again ignoring the gurgling rejection that my stomach made. “I’m fine Michael please just leave me alone.” I dared look into his eyes blue bags had started to paint onto his skin, he looked so sad, Like a perfect picture of a lone sailor. My brain started to fill me with clueless actions to take. “I-I, let’s dance!” I say feeling relaxed all over. I finished the drink and placed it on top of the fridge. I fumbled for his familiar warm hand that fit so perfectly into mine and I dragged us to the music that had started to fill me with anticipation. I looked at him and grinned even though I had no clue what to say, I let him put his arms around my hips and I started to twist my fingers into his perfectly soft hair. “Are you sure-,” I put my other hand to his bittern lips and closed my eyes leaning onto him starting to move to the music like I was on his boat and the others jumping about were the ocean. “I’m sure. It’s a party, it’s created to forgive and to most of all forget.” I say soothingly. He lightly takes a hand from my hip and brushed my cheek. My mouth started to dry after three songs worth of dancing and I excused myself to get another drink. I pulled another bottle out of the fridge and saw the word raspberry. Smiling I started to take large sips from it. Then my mind fogged and I looked back at the bottle seeing raspberry vodka mix. I rubbed my temple and put the bottle down. Looking up I couldn’t make out any faces because they all sped past me. I leaned on the counter behind me and took a couple of breaths. You’re drunk, nice one Vitae. You can’t even see straight. A dizzyingly wiz of warmth flooded my view. “Move bitch.” Snarled a strangled voice. I blinked a couple of times, “Oh, it’s you.” I said dragging out the o’, “yes and I’m trying to get a refreshment, so I need you to move out of my way!” I studied Sara and felt a wave of anger, “Oh really!?” She frowned and looked at me then to her surroundings, I followed her frustrated eyes and saw her mob circled around her like a shield, “yes really! Now move!” She pushed past me forcefully and I swayed to the left tripping slightly. My anger grew, “Don’t push me! If you cared so much you could have at least asked kindly! So don’t touch me!” she raised a plucked brow and tightened her pink lips, “who ever let you talk back? Huh? Since when did you have a voice? I asked for you to move Dator base and you didn’t budge your tiny ass! So don’t crash my parade!” I growled, “You’re such a slutty bitch! All you’ve ever done to me is picking on me! What did I ever do to you? What did anyone you hate ever do to you? Do you have even a small amount of love in your black heart? Do you feel some happiness in victimising those who are better than you? Do you think you’re special because you can manipulate your so called friends?” I waited not even realising I’d just insulted the best actor in school. A silencing slap across my face made the people surrounding us start to yell and chant for the chaos to either stop or continue. I threw a rough punch at her but missed and fell onto someone; trying to move back to my place in front of Sara Knight; an iron like grip stopped me, “Vitae! Stop!” I looked up at Michael who looked afraid. Truly afraid of me. “This is stupid come on.” He pulled me out of the roaring crowd and the screaming Sara who was cursing at me high pitch like. “What were you thinking?” I smiled feeling a chip in my lip from the slap. Slowly some warm blood started to drip from my mouth. “I  was only thinking about you.” I said then giggled He leaned down to eye level frowning, “you’re drunk.” He whispered more to himself. I nodded unable to deny it. “Yep that’s right babe!” I said falling forward, “I’m going to drive you home.” He said straining his voice. I rolled my eyes, “it’s only-,” I looked at my arm for my purse but it wasn’t there, “where’s my time?” I laughed correcting myself, “purse-purse, I can’t tell the purse without it.” I smacked my head, “time-purse, whatever you get the point!” He sighed, “I’ll call James to find it and drop it to your house tomorrow,” I giggled, “okay,” I said, “let’s go darling.” He led me to his care, which was fortunately parked right outside considering I was sort of falling over. I struggled into his car and waited. When he took the driver’s seat I smiled, “you’re so cute when you’re worried.” I slurred, but felt a heavy weight over my eyes. “Goodnight Michael.” I said in a singsong like voice, “night Vitae.” He said huskily, “oh and ps...” He looked at me for a moment, “I love you,” I said and fell unconscious, the last thing I remembered was an answering “love you too blue bird.”   

The noise was so distant and hard to recognize that it took me several seconds to hear the crackling of bacon. I got up from bed and went to the kitchen. A guy with black mused hair stood frying some pig and eggs, “I’m glad you’re up son.” He said not turning. “Why are you here dad?” Kane’s groggy morning voice asked, “Because, you’re going to die soon and the only person who can save you won’t.” Kane rubbed his head, “I must be dreaming.” He said, “oh yes, but that’s because you’re unwell take a seat.” The guy who Kane had called dad didn’t turn. “You know you can’t trust her. You might as well give up now the light is right here for you.” Kane didn’t sound so much as shocked by this, just confused, “who?” he asked, “Vitae Dator she won’t save you, she isn’t even in love with you.” I took a shocked intake of breath. The man started to thrust something onto the pan rapidity. I sprung up in a cold sweat and was answered by a defining ring. I let it go to answering machine, “Sorry but the Dator family are not available at the moment. Please leave a message after the tone.” A beep sounded and then my mother’s angry voice spoke, “Vitae!? Answer your god damned phone! It’s eleven already!” I blinked hearing my heart pound in my ears like a base drum. I scrambled to the phone in the cradle and pressed speed dial, “Hey mum.” I said wincing at the loudness of my own voice, “Vitae! You had me worried!” I felt a gurgling feeling in the pit of my stomach, “sorry I’m not well I’ve got to go see you mum!” I ran to the bathroom and started puking my guts out. Oh shit. I have a hangover. I sighed trying to remember last night.