Never ending Nightmare Chapter fifteen

I opened my mouth then shut it. Looking a bit like a gold fish I would have guessed. “What is it Vi?” I shook my head, “I uhm, I slept with Michael.” I blurted wide eyed. Why can’t you just tell them about all that stuff you’ve been going through? Like the whole warning of deaths and creepy grandma? Because I wasn’t sure they’d believe me. In fact I wasn’t even sure they’d understand it was different when you told a friend who was half drunk but your best friends who were totally soba? “You what!?” Exclaimed Valley leaning forward and making the popcorn container fall to the ground. My face was now probably six shades of red. I couldn’t even speak, “when was this!?” Asked Kristy controlling herself a bit more than her sister... By maybe a fraction. “The day after Damo’s party...” I finally muttered. “I thought something was up! I mean you two were totally ignoring each other before then-,”

“And BAM you’re better than ever!” I gave a crooked smile, “yeah.” They giggled together, “So, tell us, what was it like,” continued Valley. I looked up trying to remember. But honestly it had gone so quickly the most I could recall in full detail was when he asked if I were sure. My heart started to flutter at the memory. “It was really nice. It felt right, if you know what I mean?” I looked at the twins as Kristy nodded, “you do?” asked her twin, Valley, “well... sort of,” I frowned, “what do you mean sort of?” She blushed, “I mean we haven’t gone that far yet but we’ve played around,” I felt shocked. I mean I shouldn’t be, but really? I never thought that she would do the other kind of things revolving around our topic. “Actually I don’t want to know,” exclaimed Valley suddenly, breaking our awkward silence. I yawned, “I’m tired,” I said mid breath. “Yeah same,” they both agreed nodding. We called it lights out and went to our sleeping destinations.

My hand was squeezed by the man I was in love with. I was so in love that words weren’t even in need of saying for us to know our un-denying love. The field we sat in was the one I used to go to as a kid with mother and father... I looked up. I never knew my dad! Borax smiled down adoringly and a gush of wind, swept my hair ‘ewe!’ I wanted to scatter away and punch him in the face. How dare he look at me like that! But there was a different thought that crossed me, should I tell him? Gail’s question rung as a thought in my mind, “I don’t know how long I have,” she whispered but he held up a long pointer finger to quiet her. Then leant in, the invisible bubble kept me from squirming as his lips touched hers. He was nowhere near as good as Michael but in Gail’s head he was perfect. I could feel her cheeks swell up in warmth and saw him continue to stare at her. She once again tried to say what was wrong but instead she kissed him back. She started out smooth but as her heart beat faster she became more furious. Before her mind could keep up he was bringing his hands up her shirt finding her breasts and kneading them. I knew it wasn’t me but I felt violated and tried to move away. I broke free and started to view her hair hearing a groan from Borax. As my nearly not there life form kept moving away from the love scene I heard a quiet voice guild into my ears. “She’s going to die Vitae, and you know it. Not only have you not figured out how to save her you aren’t saving her in fact she could drop dead in two seconds! You know what’s worse?” I shook my head this was more than a nightmare, “the same thing is going to happen to your Kane!” I whimpered but as always nothing was audio, “What can I do?! How can I save them? Why me? What have I done wrong!?” Suddenly the night air covered the two lovers and I was engulfed in stars and glitter, the voice softened, “Find thy potion to cure such commotion, though thy must be careful, for whomever you choose to heal mightn’t be whom is helpful. There are more to die so do not cry, become the life giver, sooner rather than later. Become Vitae Dator.” I gasped and opened my eyes seeing yellow fabric. I moved away from the couch and fell to the ground remembering that I was at the twins. Unable to shake the dream I acted upon it and quickly ran to the place I needed to be. I couldn’t be sure but my heart helped me out the door and down the road. Every now and then as my breath caught I would turn and scatter toward another road. Finally I could see a meadow next to the oval used frequently. I hadn’t even realised it was still dark until I tripped onto the grass feeling my foot swell up and bruise I bit back a curse word as I continued running and running. So fast and so urgently until I heard the gasp. I turned my head. It was spinning and I couldn’t yet see through the night. So I blinked a couple more times seeing an outline falling. It was Gail and Borax was trying to kept her from hitting the ground. “No,” He said as she became slack in his arms I ran over to  him despite the aching from my heal. “What happened?” I asked finding myself hovering over her. Yet I knew exactly what had happened, he took a shaky breath, “c-call an ambulance,” I paused, “I said call the freaking ambulance!” I shied away from his protective voice and tried finding my mobile, “I-I need a phone.” I said feeling light-headed. He pulled out a mobile and threw it at me starting to shake his girlfriend. “Wake up, wake up,” he kept saying as I ordered the ambulance to assist us. I felt dumbfounded and utterly confused. Time slowed when they arrived. The white uniforms spreading around the people trying to find what it arrived. And I felt like I was still in the midst of my nightmare. Borax sat by her whimpering and calling her name as reporters told the cameras about the dreaded news.

“Miss Dator,” suddenly I was awake again and a policeman was standing by me, “can you please tell me why you were at the scene at this time of night. From what Borax Smith told us you weren’t part of their gathering. But you were in fact at the scene. Don’t you find it strange that two teenage girls have died from this region and you witnessed both? According to our records you’re the only thing the two deaths have in common. Besides the way they died.” I blinked, “you’re not suggesting I-I murdered them?” I said falling back into a haze, “I think it’s best you come with me to the station.” Unable to talk I simply nodded and followed him to the blinking car.

When we got their I was set free quicker than thought, apparently no evidence had been found and I was simply in the wrong place and at the wrong time. Obviously I couldn’t admit to my nightmares I had to keep to the sanest truth I could. When I walked out my mother stood there with a look of misery, “you shouldn’t have seen that,” she murmured as I got engulfed into her arms. I didn’t say anything. “You should have saved her,” the irritating voice spoke. As well as my gut.  “Let’s get you home,” I nodded and we caught a us back. This wasn’t right this wasn’t supposed to happen. Gail had been a great friend. We didn’t even get to go on bio camp together. I kept feeling guilt wash over me and found it hard to look past my own sadness. I had to stop this. How? I wasn’t sure. Surprisingly I got a text from the twins demanding to know where I was, I just typed back, ‘turn on the TV,’

This was just the beginning and I was going to have to work harder to find out what it was that was going on.