|Chapter 6

11:11 pm. My turn to drive. Again . Everyone on the bus is asleep except me, so with no one to talk to, I think.

    Its been about twelve days since I've seen my beautiful sub urban home. Now that I'm on this trip, this is my home. No more going back to that quiet neighborhood, where every year I host birthday parties with highschool friends , or give candy to little kids wearing costumes for Halloween , no. Every journey meets its end. This journey is a looooong way from its end, however.

    We have miles and miles to travel, different landscapes to explore, we have to go sightseeing with everyone in that Hoodini group when we were young teens. Hoodini . We named our bus that to remind us of our younger years. Although its been years, it doesn't matter, we're still all friends no matter what. We've already begun the journey, no more turning back. No more leaving each other, this is it.

    Reaching the entrance to Utah, we heavily stack up on the last gas station we see, fill up almost any empty oil jug with gas for the long road, because once we enter Utah, we aren't stopping for anything. Except for the pissing and shitting. We stop for those. Other than that, we're driving at 45 mph, stopping only when needed, to get to Colorado. We pick up Niah, and we party around Colorado. After her, well, We have a many more States to pass by, a whole lot of cities, and four more people, specifically speaking, we have; Theres, Christian, Kaylee, Jord, and other people we manage to end up knowing.

    Its a Long Journey, around the country. I hope this bus survives till the end. "Every Journey Meets Its End" I used to say. "And during those endings, start new beginnings."                    

     I was surprised by a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Nia. "Kai, shift change."

     "Oh, yeah I forgot" I checked the time, '2:33 am', apparently, I was distracted with my 'fast' driving and calm thinking. Oh well.

     Everyone needs sleep, I walked over to a bed which Kia occupied and knocked out next to her.