The Vistor From SHIELD

Pizza for dinner, it was dads turn to "cook". After dinner Mom and Dad went to bed but I snuck out to the garage, taking my bike because my car would be too loud, and rode the few miles to Dad's lab, an easy ride.

That is until someone stepped in front of me and I completely wrecked my bike trying to swerve out of the way, successfully flying over the handle bars and rolling to a stop a few feet away. Standing I brushed my self off wincing slightly when I rubbed gravel deeper into a scratch, looking at my arm I picked it out. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I said before looking up and squealing. "Tasha?!"

"Hey! Yeah, it's me. Didn't mean to scare you."

"What are you doing here?"

"Check up for Fury. He said you'd like to see me? I was on my way to your house..."

"Um, well yeah, but I don't think I even said it out loud." Fuckin creeper. "How the hell did he know? And why did you get here so late?" I looked at my phone it was almost midnight.

"Why so many questions, kiddo?"

"Do you know how many spies are my friends? Questioning is a second nature."

"I see your point, but my turn. what are you doing out so late?" she said poking me.

"Oh, just taking a ride..."

"At those speeds, you definitely had a destination in mind. Ya know with so many spy friends you'd think you'd be able to lie better."

"It wouldn't matter if I was the best liar on earth. You'd know."

She smirked. "But, really, why are you out so late?"

I sighed. "I was going to Dad's lab... I'm building that suit if it's the last thing I do."

"Maybe you should listen to him this time?"

"I always listen to him."

She gave me a look. "Do you forget that I can check in on you when ever I need to?"

"I mostly listen to him... And anyways, why can't I?"

She shrugged, her dark red hair falling forward before she, annoyed by the distraction, pulled it back into a hair tie. "I'm just saying, you build a weapon and the fight follows not the other way around. You should know that. You've heard the stories, the uncut versions. The Tesseract brought so much horror to people. They're still suffering. And you know the PTSD of that day will never go away, even for your dad."

"A suit is way different--way smaller of a weapon."

She leaned against a stone wall."And you're smaller. You don't need people looking for you."

"Like they aren't already?! C'mon that's all the more reason to have it in case they find me."

"No one is looking for you. You do not exist, remember? They're all looking for your father, and the suits. A sudden pink suit comes out of no where and they'll know there is someone else with the knowledge."

"Whoa. Whoa. whoa! Pink? Really?"

She smirked again. "Let's get you home, kiddo."

I sighed and picked up my bike, cursing when I saw the front wheel bent into a ninety degree angle. "How am I supposed to explain that?"

"How were you going to explain the starting of a new suit?"

I hesitated, "I would've hidden it."

"And the missing metal and warm tools wouldn't have tipped him off that something was wrong?"

"Shut up," I mumbled, as I began walking back to the house, crumpled bike in tow. Tasha followed. "How's Clint?"