The Beautiful Weapon

Chapter Fourteen

I had my 'frostbite' treated but I called it a burn when asked by a healer. If anyone knew about Loki's power I didn't want them to think he'd used it on me on purpose.

I started back to my room. Well, do I actually know he didn't use it on purpose? I mean, why not? A small petty "win" against "the enemy" as he so obviously thinks I am, and then get away with it because I'm so trusting and naive. I scoffed. I'll confront him tonight then. After dinner

But, if it was an accident his attitude really does remind me of Bruce... I could help with that... But whether or not I should even talk to him...its up for debate.

Is it though? You like to help people. Why should he be different?

Because Loki is different. he's a threat.

He's broken...just like you.

I sat on my bed. Oh, who am I kidding, I think he's hot. It's a bad boy thing, i'm a teenager and I've found the ultimate broken bad boy. And I'm still going to confront him.

I sighed and readied for dinner. In the back of the Armoire was a red dress that faded to black at the bottom. I must have missed that the day before.

I put it on and felt...pretty. I looked at myself in the mirror for a minute. I've never looked like this... I frowned. Maybe I would go to a dance on Earth.

I'll go with Abbi... or Kyle.

Yeah. suuure.

But it was a nice thought to entertain while I put my high tops back on. I found a silver arm cuff that covered the burn.

***

When I met up with Thor and The Warriors Three, they asked me where I'd gone.

"Well, Loki had a few questions and then I went exploring," I lied smoothly.

They accepted the answer with various nods. "How bout you guys?"

"Nothing exciting. After Thor had thoroughly beaten us, we went to the brewery. Arrived here, not long ago, to ready for supper," Fandral the oh-so Dashing said.

I nodded, "Cool..." cool . cold. freeze. ugh Loki you better tell me what the fuck this could lead too... He would have though, wouldn't he? He sent me to the infirmary to begin with he wouldn't give me partial treatment... Ugh...

We stood waiting to go into the hall and were soon told by a servant that it was ready. We entered the dining hall and I was still amazed at the sheer size of it! it looked like one hundred people could sit at the table.

I sat with Volstag on my left and Fandral to my right. About fifteen minutes later all of the guests had arrived and Loki soon walked in and sat at the head of the table. I looked at him pointedly as he sat, but he didn't see me. I rolled m eyes and began to eat. I'll talk to you, Loki... I'll get my answers. I don't care how long it takes.

Dinner was very loud, and unorderly for being in the presence of a king. In fact I saw food fly both across the table and out of mouths towards the end farthest from loki. It was like Abi's family eating dinner and the kids farthest from their mother would get away with more. I smiled to myself as i pictured Mikey and Lissa throwing food at each other and talking with mouths full of food, Then I pictured Tina's face... No they still wouldn't get away with that much. I shook my head with the smile still on my face and I went back to eating.