x-I-o

A man awakes to a dark room. His eyes take time to adjust but once they do, he realizes it's still pitch black. Where was he? He doesn't remember much, but he remembers that he was in a lot of pain.

Suddenly, a flicker of light is present in the room. The man blinks a few times as he stares off into the distance. The light is approaching and it's starting to look a lot like fire. His sense finally registers that yes indeed it is fire. He screams when it begins edging closer, but he can't move. He's willing to move his legs, but no such luck. He's paralyzed. Finally the fire comes to a stop, right in front of him.

"Now now, Mathew. It's no time to dilly dally, we have some things to take care of." A man says. His eyes are a clear blue, suggesting a kind nature, but he's far from it. "Come on, it's time I introduce you to the rest." The man says. With a snap of his fingers, they teleport, resulting in a drastic change. The once dark room is now a fire pit. A single ledge is present and is where Mathew and the man stand.

"Now let's see here." The man says pulling out a folder. "Says here you were a sweetheart when you were young, but then you're teenage years you turned rebellious. It's typical, but you never grew out of it. Which somehow resulted in you killing your ex-girlfriend when she admitted to cheating." Mathew now has wide eyes as he stares at the man before him.

"How- how did you know about that?" Mathew ask flabbergasted. Where was he?

"Oh my dear lad, I know a lot about you. It's why you ended up here." The man says, the folder suddenly turned into ash in his hand. His lips quirk up into a smirk. "Welcome to hell, Mathew." The man says softly and then the ground beneath them disappears. Mathew screams, but they blend in with the already screaming souls of the underworld. The man watches until Mathew is finally out of sight. It went well. He snaps his finger and now he's in a room with stone walls.

"Welcome back Louis, how'd the transition go?" His royal hatefulness asks as he stares at his son.

"Went well, no resistance at all." Louis replies. He's been practicing.

Louis is the next heir to the underworld and in one short month he will be of age to take over. He has been training and practicing nonstop in order to fulfill his duty as king. He will do his father proud. He will keep the underworld as it should be.

"That's great Louis. I think that's it for today. Feel free to leisure about. I'll call you if I need you."

"Alright. Bye Father." He calls as he walks out. He enters a hall. He makes the short trek and ends up in a clearing that shows of the rest of the palace like structure. It's where all the demons live. He walks around until he spots a few of his friends.

"Louis." Zayn shouts as he beckons his friend over. Louis heads their way, smiling easier once he sees his best mate.

"Hey guys what have you been up to?" He asks the group. The group consisting of: Zayn, Nick, Leigh Anne, Jesy, Luke, and Micheal.

"Oh you know just the usual." Jesy says as she takes a sip from her cup.

"Well maybe for you. I on the other hand started a fight on Earth." Nick states as he laughs at his actions.

"What'd you make them fight over?" Luke asks, curious.

"Money. The couple had been having money problems recently. I made it easier for them." He smirks, before he continues. "I made the wife kick him out." The group laughs.

"What did you do today Louis?" Zayn asks as he passes his friend a cigarette.

"Sent another soul to the depths of despair." The group nods, because they of course know of Louis impending status.

"Can't believe they're going to leave you in charge. I would have been a better choice." Nick argues.

"Don't be a twat, Nick. Plus I'm the oldest, which is basically the only reason I got the job." Louis argues back. It's partially the truth. Louis was the oldest demon child. The gang was in a sense his family, really like his brother and sisters. They were all created by the King himself. Most of the demon world was. There was only a few that actually created a family. It was a rarity, seeing as the underworld hardly believed in love.

"So how long before you take the thrown again." Micheal questions, stealing the cigarette between Louis fingers.

"A month. You guys better ready to bow down." He teases and the gang groans.

"You better not make us. I won't hesitate to slap you even if you are a royal." Leigh Anne threatens. Louis just laughs.

Then there's a vulgar ding going off in the structure. It's a siren of sorts that tells the Kingdom that they just lost a soul to the Heavens.

"Just great. That's the fourth one this week." Luke exclaims as the dinging dies down. They often compare their soul count and it seems the heavens are having them beat and well Louis can't have that.

"It is what it is. We just have to create more havoc." Louis grins mischievously.

"Now that's what I like to hear." Zayn shouts. The group then goes on to talk about possibilities, the day spent putting a few into action.

xoxoxo

Louis sits in his room later that day. He's been sitting in bed, just thinking. He may act tough, but he's actually pretty scared of taking over the Underworld. This is a great responsibility and He just wants to make sure he can do the job right. This is the first time in years that the Kingdom will have a new leader. It's been over a few thousand years that the Kingdom had bestowed a new leader, that man being his Father. He just hopes he can do this.

As he's sitting there he also thinks about the fact that for most of his life he had been destined to this prophecy of becoming the next King. He doesn't mind the job, rather it's the fact that he never got to be like his brothers and sister. They all got to have fun and mess with earthlings while Louis stuck to the small stone walls of his Fathers chambers. He would listen on end to what is entailed of becoming future leader. He was often accompanying his father when he was to send souls into the depths of despair. He missed out on some of the fun.

Even still, he's prepared for this. He will be the new leader and make this Underworld the best it can be. He'll make sure that the Heavens are the ones losing souls instead of them. He'll be the 'evilest' ruler he can be.