o-VI-x

It's been four hours. Harry feels like he's dying. The heat is blistering, and he's in dire need of some water. He's sweating buckets and his curls are becoming limp. He turns to see if Louis is in a similar state, but he just seems so calm and collected. He wonders how that's possible, but he doesn't ask Louis. He figures that Louis is just used to the warm climate.

"How long do you think before a car actually shows up?" Harry wonders aloud. Louis shrugs, hands coming behind him so he can rest on his arms.

"Don't know, we've been sitting here for a while. My arse is numb." Louis whines as he looks up at the sky.

"Maybe we should try walking for a bit, it wouldn't hurt to walk a few miles." Harry suggests. Louis just looks at him as if he were crazy.

"I think not. Look Harry, I know we have to get there so we can go back home and whatever, but I will not risk my health by walking more than necessary." Louis says. He's honestly a drama queen. Harry only suggested they go a few miles, not the whole trek.

"Fine, I'll walk by myself then." Harry says agitated, if Louis doesn't want to walk with him, he'll walk on his own. He stands and brushes off the dirt before he's heading of in the direction the sign indicated.

Louis watches as Harry walks away. The boy is something else. He sits for a moment to contemplate his options. He can sit here and wait for a car and risk losing Harry or he can follow Harry and see what happens. Looks like he'll go with the first option.

He only sticks with that decision for a few minutes, suddenly realizing that he's very lonely.

"Harry, wait up!" He calls as he starts walking with him.

oxoxox

We've been walking for hours." Louis whines.

"Louis it's been five minutes." Harry thinks it would have been a better idea to just stay sitting.

"Well it feels like hours." Louis grumbles.

"Maybe we should sit down again. If all you're going to do is complain, might as well just stop walking and wait.

"Told you so. Now we can wait for a car easier." Harry just rolls his eyes. He's about to say something else, when something comes into his line of vision. He looks out further and notices a car. A car is coming their way!

"Louis look!" He exclaims. Their luck is changing. Louis turns around to see what all the fuss is about and sees the car. Yes he's saved from doing exercise. Louis runs into the middle of the street. Hands waving frantically as he tells the car to stop. The car is moving fast and Louis barely makes it out of the way as the car comes to a stop. The only reason he made it being Harry pulling him out of the road.

"Are you crazy? You could have been killed." Harry scolds. Louis is about to say no, he wouldn't have seeing as he heals easily, but then he remembers that Harry doesn't know that which is why he's freaking out.

"Sorry." He apologizes. They then turn to find the car is still stopped. The passenger seat window is rolled down.

"Guys need a ride?" The guy shouts and Louis nods, already making his way to the car. Harry seems a bit apprehensive, but follows suit seeing as he doesn't have any other choice. The climb in and then the driver is putting the car into drive.

"Where you guys headed?" The driver asked.

"Las Vegas." Louis informed.

"We're going there too!" The other guy exclaims. "We're going to see a killer show there. What about you guys?" Louis decides to change the subject before they ask too many questions.

"Who are you guys going to see?"

"Oh well there's this band..." Then both boys are off in fanboy land, talking about the amazing band they're going to go see. Louis barely pays any mind, instead looking to see how Harry's doing.

Harry is bouncing his leg, looking distractedly out the window. Louis can sense his uneasiness and he wants to ease his nerves. Louis slips his hand in Harry's. Harry turns to see Louis already staring at him.

"It will be alright Harry. We'll be back home in no time." Louis assures. Harry let's himself relax more. Louis just had this ability to calm him even though they just met. It's probably because of the fact that they're going through this together.

"Yeah you're right thank you." Harry whispers. He needs to relax. It will all be fine, he hopes.

About an hour later, they're in Vegas, stuck in the heavy traffic. The cars are piled to the max, cars seeming to spill out of the streets. The city is bustling and both Louis and Harry are in awe of the tall buildings there.

"So this is Vegas." Harry says as he admires all the architecture. The buildings are all work of art, resembling already famous structures. He thinks he quite likes Las Vegas.

"Yep." The driver says." Louis then remembers where they need to go.

"Can you point us to Caesar's Palace?" Louis asks. The driver points to the left.

"Sure. You see that building over there, the one with the cream brick and reflective windows. That's the place." When Louis focuses on the words written on the side, he can clearly see that it reads Caesars Palace. Looks like he didn't lose all his powers.

"Thanks mate, I think we'll take it from here." Louis opens his door. "Thanks again." He then walks out and shuts the door. Harry follows his lead, and then they both begin in the direction of the of the building. It's still a long walk, but Louis actually wants to finish this stupid mission, so unwillingly he decides to walk.

"Think we'll find her." Harry asks as they walk side by side.

"I don't know, but I hope we do." Louis says. The finally arrive and look at the tall building before them. It's bigger up close, and Harry thinks he feels just a bit intimidated. "Here goes nothing." Then they're walking in.