x-XVII-o

Louis watches as Harry runs away from him. He watches as the boy he believed to be the "one" runs away. He feels horrible. He didn't mean to crack, but it's just Harry lied. He didn't tell him who he was and it makes him feel stupid and silly, because the only reason he was mad was because Harry hadn't thought to share this information with him. He likes learning about Harry and when he keeps secrets- especially ones like that- he finds himself feeling meaningless. Almost like Harry doesn't care enough to tell him all about him.

He knows that he didn't tell the truth either, but it was to protect himself from something like this from happening. The minute Harry found out he was a demon, he would have run deeming Louis incapable of love, which is untrue. He is very much in love with Harry and he just let him run away from him. He needs to find him, he needs to get him back, but for now he needs some time. He needs time to figure a few things out and he walks away from Niall and Becky- who have been talking as Louis was off in la la land. They don't even notice him leave, so he walks, walks further into the woods, encompassed by the night. He lets the world fade away as he mind wanders off again.

Coming to Earth was far from what he expected to occur to him so close to his coronation. He never imagined something like this would happen to him, but it did. Although he might have despised it at first, he found himself liking the time he spent with Harry. Harry was the light at the end of the tunnel, the light to his dark and Louis honestly doesn't know how it got to that point. Was it when he smiled for the first time? Was it when he fell asleep on Louis' shoulder? Was it when they kissed? No matter how many times he runs it through his head, he just can't seem to pinpoint the exact moment he fell. It just sort of happened, and Louis finds himself thinking he wouldn't change a thing. He loves that curly haired boy and he needs to get him back.

Unfortunately he has no idea where he is. So he decides to hit the hay for the night, sleeping perched up against a tree. It might not be the most comfortable, but he deserves it for the way he treated Harry. He's determined to do whatever it takes to get his young lover back.

xoxoxo

He had no idea how he ended up back in town, but he did. Louis wandered the now barren streets as he looked for his boy. He can't believe these same streets were once littered with people and happy times. Now it's like a wasteland of his soul. He feels like the barren streets, alone and sad and he wonders if he'll always feel like this. He hopes not. He hopes he can find Harry and have him help him. Help change him for the better. He walks up a familiar road and he realizes that it's the same road he once walked with Harry. He passes a few houses and then he finds the house they stayed in a couple days ago. He wonders if Harry's there. He decides it's worth a shot. He knocks on the door.

A few minutes go by and there's no answer. He tries again and again and again, but no matter how many times he waits and shouts, no one answers. Where's his boy.

"Hey." He turns around hoping to see Harry, but is disappointed to see it's just Niall.

"What is it now?" He sighs, knowing that Niall must be here to tell them more about their- well now his- mission. Niall looks sympathetic and Louis gives him a glare so he can get on with it.

"So you and Harry were getting close?" Honestly this is not the time for this. Louis just wants this whole ordeal to end and end now.

"Can we not talk about it? Look can you just give me the mission so I can finish and go home." He yells. He doesn't want to face this alone, but he has no one to lean on this time. Niall sighs and moves closer.

"It's done mate. You can go home." Louis looks up shocked and skeptical.

"I'm done. No more missions?"

"Nope." Louis would have been happy if it weren't for the fact that this meant he wouldn't be able to see Harry again.

"But why?"

"Well... I messed up. Half of this mission went down the drain and there's sadly nothing I can do. I'm afraid I've done my dues, which means you get to go back to Hell and Harry goes back to..." He leaves it open but Louis knows where he's going.

This can't be happening. Louis was supposed to see him again, to hold him and kiss him and tell him that he realized how stupid he was. Now, now he can't.

"No this isn't right, I was going to apologize."

"Too late for that. I already sent him home." Louis feels like he stopped breathing, which physically is impossible seeing as he is immortal, but it's just so overwhelming. Harry left. He left without saying goodbye or even trying to talk it out. Harry just left like there was nothing left for him here. Which really Louis supposes there isn't.

He feels his eyes tear up slightly, but he holds it back, keeps up a steady front. He never cries and he's sure not about to start now. Harry is just a boy who messed with his mind. A boy he loves, but it wouldn't work out. It never works out. He shakes his head to clear his thoughts, before he addresses Niall.

"I'm ready to go back to Hell." As much as he would have once liked to say that, now it sounds like the worst thing in the world. Oh the irony.