Chapter 1

Author's note: I do not own the rights to Attack on Titan or its characters/etc they go to is rightful owner. Also, this is my first story (yay!). Try to have constructive criticism for me please and have fun. Oh, and you, reader-chan, is 16ish in the story as of right now *wink*.

Key: (y/n) is your name, (y/l/n) is your last name, (e/c) is eye color, (h/c) is hair color, (h/l) is hair length, there may be others idk

"It's time to come in you two. Dinner's ready." your mother said. You were working out in the fields with your father, tending to crops. Both of you worked outside most of the day and were exhausted. Your mother's beef stew she had been cooking sounded (and smelled) like heaven to you. Harvesting corn, beans, carrots, tending to farm animals, and doing some household chores was your daily life. Along with some reading, you enjoyed your peaceful time on the ranch you lived in.

"(y/n), here's your food." your mother smiled. The savory and rich aroma was making you drool. You sat down to eat with your family and talked about various things. Your five year old sister was across from you, sloppily eating her food. She awkwardly smiled at you, and you grinned back. 'She's so cute' you thought.

Afterward, you went to go take care of the livestock and horses you kept. As you walked into the big barn near the house, you first look at the pregnant cows. They were one of the most important parts of the farm since meat was hard to come by and if anything happened to them your family would likely go out of business. You feed and watered them, petting there mooing heads at the same time. The animals loved you and you loved them.

Next, you went to manage your two horses. They were big and strong draft horses. You especially loved them because they were gentle giants. Their names were Joey and Topthorn (war horse reference anyone?). They were so friendly and worked perfectly together on the fields. I considered them my best friends since no one lives within miles of here. Brushing their manes always made me feel happy as they neigh in enjoyment.

--------Baby time skip for the horses------

Suddenly, you heard a loud yelling sound coming from the distance. You look outside of the barn to see a survey corps member riding a horse to your ranch at a very fast pace. Seeing you exit the barn, the soldier veered toward you and stopped. It was a short-statured guy with black hair and a partial scowl on his face. He hopped off his horse and asked "Are you the owner of this establishment?"

You quickly pointed at your house and said "No sir, but my parents, who own our farm, are inside the house right now."

"Thank you. Can you take care of my horse Miss..."

"(y/n) (y/l/n), and yes"

"Well Miss (y/l/n), I need to speak with your parents about an urgent matter." He said with a concerned tone.

"Of course, but what is going on? Nobody ever comes around these parts." you look at him confused.

"As I said, There is some urgent business that needs to be discussed."

"Oh...well, May I ask for your name please."

"Um *cough*, Levi Ackerman."

-END OF CHAPTER 1-

Author's note: I know this chapter is really really short (sorry), but later chapters will be longer and more "interesting" (dumb exposition gotta be so informative ugh). Sorry for any grammar/spelling errors as well. Also, cliffhanger omg. What's Levi doing at the ranch? Wait and see...