chapter 31

Lily slept through the first lesson. How do I know becuase Alice and Marlene spent 20 minutes trying to get her up. She was there for the second lesson.
The professors let her off easy just 5 house pointa gone Which I understand.
Alice kept asking her if she was ok. "Just tired that's all."
We all had a free period. Lily spent it In the library. She is dog but she still worries about keeping top marks
James got her away from the library.
I don't know how she's going to go to the full moon on Tuesday. It's Friday. Luckily we don't get any homework. Lily went to bed and slept until lunch the next day. James had to go get her.
"Evans are you sure you can come on Tuesday?" Padfoot asks
"Yeah I'm wide awake. Professor McGonnagal didn't want me going to the forest tonight becuase I almost fell asleep in her class. So I'll be just fine for Tuesday. Tonight tell me how or where we are going. So I can be there."
She told us the professors let her go through the halls at night as a dog. And no one notices her or cares.
Tuesday comes quicker than planned. Lily and James and Padfoot are there Wormtail must have gone to bed maybe because we forgot to tell him.
Sirius Pov
Evans was hurt blood coming from her. Remus had scratched her and it was deep. I could tell she was trying to change back. This is all James and I's fault. We wanted lily to come and she's a powerful witch she knew she wasn't ready for this and we told her she should come. She used all of her willpower to change back to a human.
We got her to the hospital wing. We set her down on a bed and we went and got madam Poffery.
She rushed in. "Remus?" She whispered
"Yeah Moony was in his form. We found her early this morning like this. We got her to go back to her human form."
"Miss Evans is lucky to be alive. I've fixed all I can. She's free to go. Boys she can still Come with you to help Remus. But she has to be careful. She's powerful but not invincible."
We got her to the common room and she made it up the girls stairs and we heard a door close. Remus was ok and Evans was ok. That's all that mattered to Prongs and me.
The next morning Remus asked Lily if he could see how bad he hurt her. It about from her rib cage down to her hip. Remus said he was sorry. "It's alright. Madam Poffery said I could still run with you guys. I'm sure James and Sirius had a hard time the first time to." Lily says "and besides it wasn't you it was a werewolf."
Next month's full moon is on a Tuesday.
I feel awful lily's walking with a limp all day. The professors are the only people who understand why she walks with a limp. They know about me and they know about Lily. "Madam Poffery has done all she can Alice. I'll be fine." A voice says
James and I were watching from a far. I can tell lily's restraining herself from going into a dog.
Lily walks away we follow by we I mean James, Alice And I. When she gets far away from the castle she goes into a dog and runs in.
James and I run in Alice goes and gets Sirius.
She's hard to keep up with. The forest is dark and she's a dark colored dog. She's like a dark brown. Sirius barks and runs past us. He stops half way after we chase him. He turns "Nice padfoot." Prongs says
We see lily a short distance away and she's calm down and she's sitting like dog would. James walks over to lily and starts petting her.
She barked and changed into a human "Why is it when I'm upset it's you gits who find me." Lily says
"Maybe becuase we've had practice at it." I suggest She nodded
We sat down "Hey Evans you've seen where we go during a full moon. Where do you go every night. I mean I know you go to the forbidden forest
But where do you go if a human sees you?" Padfoot asks
"Oh that's where I was going its not far from here. It's well hidden. Professor Dumbledore and Hagrid made it for me." She says
She starts running and she's changed into a dog she stops turns around looks at us. We follow cause she walks. She stops moves some sticks with her paws and walks on in. James, Sirius and I walked on in. "It's not much." She says
The more we found out about lily the closer we became with her.
There was no lessons today. Which is good. The holidays are next month and I told James and Sirius they should go home. But as usual they refused. Lily couldn't go home her parents are gone and her sister lives with some muggle.
We stayed in the common room Prongs, Padfoot, Frank, Alice, Marlene, Lily and myself and played truth or dare most of the night.
"Remus truth or dare?" Marlene says
"Truth"
"Did you or did you not used to have a crush on Lily."
Lily glared at Marlene and was red as her hair
"I used to but around 3rd or 4th year James told me how much he loved her. I just let my feelings for Lily go I truly loved her I had to becuase I knew Lily would eventually fall in love with James." I say
"Lily?" James asked "Did you know he loved you."
"I saw the way he looked at me. I didn't know it was love." Her face was in her hands now "I always thought of you as my brother. You were always there for me even when I didn't want anyone around me. That's what a brother is a person who never leaves your side. It's a special bond that never leaves." She says
Marlene whispered something to Lily and she slowly moved her hands away. Alice And Marlene Took Lily Up To Their Dorm.
James asks me "You new from the beginning?"
"No." I say
Alice and Marlene come back down. "How does she do it." Alice asks Marlene
"Do what?" Sirius asked
"As soon as we got her to the dorm. She fell on the floor and was out cold." Alice says
"You don't know what its like to be an animagus and we won't either." I say
"How'd you get her in the bed." James asked
"A simple levitating charm." Alice says
We all went up to our dorms. I was the 2nd one to fall asleep.
When I woke up the next morning. I got a shower and dressed and went down to the great hall. I sat with Lily and Alice until the rest of them showed up.
We reminded Lily that tonight's a full moon. Lily nodded. Thankfully today's a Saturday. Peter had detention so he couldn't come becuase he was so far behind on the homework. I told Peter he could come to the next one. The day went by with plans for our big prank. Lily was at the library when we went to get her for tonight.
James Pov
Moonys transformation makes Sirius and I look away everytime. Lily just watches. Her eyes had determination In them. I could see even as a stag. He started to howl. He tried to leave the shack. Lily as a dog jumped on Remus's back. Remus as a werewolf was strong. He tried to through her off of his back. Sirius stood in front of the passage and I was behind Remus. He was stronger than lily and we knew she couldn't keep it up because no matter what we tried it focused on Lily. She growled and lunged at him. Sirius barked a response she jumped off. He started to change back into a human. Lily went outside to check if it was all clear. We got Remus to the castle and got him to the Gryffindor common room. Lily never changed back to a human. The change back to a human was always amazing. I told her to change back and she did I kissed her goodnight and she went up the girls stairs and never came down the rest of the night.