Chapter 39

Lily Pov

Today is the wedding day. I'm scared. Scared isn't a good word. Terrified isn't even enough to describe my emotions right now. Alice is doing my makeup right now. Marlene is finishing my hair. "Im so happy for you Lils." Marlene says
"I always thought Marlene would be the first to Marry someone." Alice says
Alice and I start laughing  so hard. Marlene had glared at us "Lils. If it wasn't your wedding day. I would probably kill you right now." Marlene said "Alice, I'll kill you later."
Marlene has given me like 8 pep talks in the last few nights.
Ever since one raid a few weeks ago. My nightmares are becoming more and more frequent. I'm remembering them longer than your supposed to. One night. It was so bad. I had a hold of James so tight he was basically my lifeline. I had cried really badly. James wouldn't leave for an assignment unless I was OK. Sometimes he asked Marlene to even come stay with me.
He is now going to be my husband. I can't help but remember that arrogant part of him. He changed because of me. He changed for me. I like him when he's polite, Nice, and himself. Not his arrogant side. He claimed that part of him died years ago. Sometimes I see it.
"Lily!" Marlene shouts
I jump "What?" I ask
"We gotta get you into the wedding dress." Marlene says "I've been trying to get your attention for like 5 minutes." Marlene exclaims
We manage after 5 maybe 6 minutes of hard work. I'm not that tall. I barely reached 5'3". But Wedding dresses are a little difficult.
We had to decide who would walk me down the aisle since my Father couldn't since he passed. Remus immediately volunteered. We were not sure what was gonna happen. James and I sort of being a big targeted by the Dark Lord. So we have hundreds of aurors there and they are protection. I am just hoping the ceremony goes fully. We are also using the strongest protection spells here.

"Marlene. Is it possible for am attack?" I ask nervously

"I am not gonna lie. Yes it's 100 percent possible. But James's parents have it figured out. I hope it goes smoothly." Marlene says

Marlene Mckinnion Pov

I hope I'm right. I'll have an angry red head on me if it doesn't. Sirius has the rings. Sirius has written a speach.

Lily Evans Pov

The whole event was amazing. We didn't go on a honeymoon at all. We couldn't. Dumbledore needed us for an emergency. Something at Hogwarts.

We all apperated to Hogwarts. Well Hogesmade and took a secret passage to Hogwarts. The Marauders brought something they wouldn't share it with the rest of us. I knew what it was. It's a map.

We walk inside Dumbledore's office.
"There is a threat inside this castle. I do not have the time to send the younger students home. I need you to patrol the castle and use the map gentlemen. The patrols have been tighter. The prefects are not patrolling at the moment. The Professors are and I need you to make sure the students are safe. All of the students 5th year and up are well aware of what's happening. Some parents want to send their children home to them. That would only make them more dangerous and vulnerable to an attack. So we have to keep them here."

"Alright. So we set up patrol times. Sets of two in specific corridors during the days. The Professors until the castle is locked at nightfall." I say
"Albus. Here's what I came up with on the spot. Sirius and James the Gryffindor portrait and the great Hall. Frank and Alice the Charms Corridor and the Transfiguration corridor and The Ravenclaw common room entrance. Marlene and Mary the Potions Corridors and whatever else near the Slytherin common room. Myself and Remus the History of Magic and the Defense against the Dark Arts corridors also the Hufflepuff enterance to their common room." I say