jonghyun | sudden, but nice (prt 1)

The chill from the cold air found it's way into your lungs, your whole body shivering. "Maybe I should have taken a cab," you muttered to yourself as you walked up to the club. You waited in line to get in, goosebumps rising on your bare legs. After showing the gaurd your I.D., you walked in already feeling the bass shake your bones.

A pair of hands slid over your eyes, making you smile. "Guess who?" His voice made you frown. You turned around, looking up at your best friend. "You ruined the surprise." He said dryly, a frown on his lips.

"Is something wrong, Sung Jo?" You asked.

He didn't answer you, he just grabbed your arm and lead you to a table away from any eyes. Your heart pounded as you were dragged. For a long time, you had loved your best friend. But he was too much of a player and you never got the chance to get close enough to confess your feelings.

You sat down next to him the circular booth, and you two ordered a drinks. After, you turned to look at his beautiful face. You were entranced by him and being this close make your heart do cartwheels in your chest.

"So are you going to answer me?" You said, turning to face him. Seung Jo met your gaze, his face neutral. "Tell you what?"

"What's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong."

"You think you can lie to me?"

The drinks came, giving Seung Jo the perfect chance to change the subject. "Have you ever thought of trying something new?" He asked, watching you pick up your usual.

"Yeah, I have. Actually getting you to answer my questions." You said lightly, sipping your drink.

He rolled his eyes. "Why are you always like this?" He demanded, his gaze and voice cold as ice.

You flinched, your instincts telling you to reach up and hug him, make him calm down. But you ignored them, as usual.

"L-like what?" You whispered.

"So pushy! All the time."

"I'm not pushy, I am worried."

"You have no reason to be."

You just looked at him.

"Well, I guess you do. I got called into the army." He continued

Your eyes widened. "W-what?"

"But, that's still not the reason why I had us meet up. I want you to forget me and never talk to me."

Your lungs felt like they were going to collapse, and you fought back tears. "I-"

"Goodbye. I have to go." He slammed down the money for the drinks and left the booth, walking out.

You would have ran after him that very second, except it was like your body was frozen. "S-Seung Jo..."

You didn't know what to do. Everything was collapsing. You finally shot up, running after him. But it was too late, he was already too far. You searched all around for him, but it was in vain. Trying to find him in a city like Seoul wae like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

When it got too cold and your tears had all dried up, you decided to go home. Everything was dull, black and white. You felt numb, and being a little bit drunk, on both sadness and alcohol, you bumped into people on the street.

You arrived to your apartment building, walking to the elevator. You found your room number and twisted the handle. The handle felt weird under your touch but you walked in.

And everything hit you again, tears falling from your eyes. You were home and could finally let it out. Your sobs filled the empty room, your hands covering your face.

"Woah, you're not- wait, are you okay??"

You froze, looking up to see a man standing there. His soft white hair fell in his shocked and deer like eyes.

"I... why are you in my apartment?" You wailed.

"Uh... this is my apartment."

You finally took a look around, noticing the decor. He was right. You sheepishly looked back at his face but he didn't seem angry.

"I-I'm sorry." You said quickly, turning to leave.

"Wait! You look like you've had a rough night. What's your name?"

You told him and he held out his hand. "I'm Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you. How about I make you some tea and you can tell me all about what's bothering you. Okay?"

You looked at him, taking his hand. "Okay..."

TO BE CONTINUED...