taemin | closer

You looked across Seoul from your high apartment as you leaned your head on the cool glass. You reached up to press your palm flat against it. You thought of Lee Taemin, the boy that is your first love... the boy you couldn't seem to reach. You knew he was somewhere in those lights, shining that bright smile at everyone he meets. You smiled yourself, but your heart was burning. You so desperately wanted to bury yourself in his arms and tell him everything you felt. However, you weren't that close to him... stuck in that awkward place between acquaintances and friends.

You knew about him, his favorite color, food, etc. But nothing was ever enough for you, you wanted to know more. You wanted to know him even better than his hyungs did. But he was busy all the time, so you are left with unanswered questions and unsaid feelings. It's never been so hard to get closer to someone.

"I want to see you." You whispered softly to him even though he wasn't there.

Seoul was truly a beautiful sight during a December night. Christmas was just around the corner, and it was snowing almost constantly. You loved it, but you wished you could experience it with that certain someone.

Should you get him a gift? This question ran through your mind multiple times. Maybe you are close enough to get him a gift... something small, maybe. You stood up and went to get dressed. It wouldn't hurt to get him something, and you know he'd appreciate it.

What should I get him? How should I give it to him? You wondered to yourself and sighed. After you put on your boots, you walked out and into the cold. You turned right and headed for the center of Seoul, where a giant Christmas was put up. You planned to walk around the stores and see if anything caught your eye.

Girls were so easy to shop for. Get them a braclet, necklace, anything and they'd be happy. But boys? What should you get them? Socks? You laughed at yourself. Most definitely socks, Y/N.

You looked around for a good hour till you stopped in front of a music store. You walked in, curious and looked around. Then, a certain artist caught your eyes. Michael Jackson, perfect! There was just one problem, it was a record. Did Taemin even have a record player? You eyed them curiosly and jumped when you heard a voice behind you.

"You have a good eye." The store owner said, getting the MJ record down from it's high place. "This is the last one available for this season." He said, smiling kindly at you.

"Ah, really?" You mumbled and took it from him. "I don't have a record player though..."

"No worries, we have some. On sale, actually." He lead you to them. "Is this for you or someone else?" He asked, looking at you.

You blushed. "A friend." That's all you could say.

He smiled kindly at your blush. "I see... would you like me to wrap it up for you? Free of charge, for the young lady in love."

You smiled shyly up at the man. How did he know? Were you that obvious? "Thank you sir." He lead you up the register and you paid for the record and record player.

"Be careful, it's heavy." The store owner warned you as he handed it over the counter.

"I'm strong." You told him and smiled. You carried the goodies out the store as you bid the man farewell. Smiling, you were satisfied. Ah, Taemin would love this. And you were almost positive this was the album he didn't have. How lucky did you get.

Snow fell from the sky and Christmas music played in the streets. "Silver bell, silver bell..." the song rang out. You suddenly felt very happy, and positive. You couldn't wait to give him his gift.

---

You told him to meet you by the tree in the center of Seoul. He told you he would, but it would be late. You said it was fine, you could wait. So, you sat on a bench, watching the lights on the tree glimmer.