CHAPTER-ONE

Margaret's P.O.V

He kept pleading to me while they dragged him to their vehicle and took him away, his eyes never leaving me. I saw it from the corner of my eyes, but what was I suppose to do? The man I loved, my husband was a murderer and he was not even the one who I thought he was.

I was suppose to marry James Abel, I didn't what he looked like and then eleven months ago, a man came to our town introducing himself as James Abel. And now I got to know he is not James, he concealed his identity even from me? What was the meaning of those kind words he said to me, those embraces he gave me, those moments we shared? Were they all insincere?

Now when my dream of having my own family, was coming true I got to know that, he was an imposter.

When I first saw him, I was taken aback by him. His tall figure, his short blonde hair neatly parted, his grey eyes, the stubble on the edge of his chin, his muscular body, everything about him was so flabbergasting. I remember how, I couldn't stop imagining myself in his big arms, when I first saw him.

On my wedding, I thought I was the luckiest woman on Earth, to have a man like him and now I am only wondering, if I was? Everything went in vain.

I turned and something heavy fell from my hand and when I looked down I saw the big black leather book, he gave it to me. I picked it up and went to what I used to call our home.

When I entered the house, the first thing I saw was his wooden rocking chair and I noticed my vision blurring as the tears made their way from my eyes. And I realized how much I was missing him and everything was unclear.

I wiped the tears away from my eyes and was determined to know more about him. I opened his diary, on the very first page was written.

Victim # 1: Shannon Parker.

Date : June-15-2013

I have been following her from past three days and in these three days, I have seen her with different guys which means she is cheating on to someone. She works as an assistant accountant at a hotel. She is a married woman, her husband stays out of the town for most of the time.

When I saw her coming out of the room of the other guy, my muscles started twitching, a voice in my head was screaming to kill her right on the spot but doing that, was not my style.
I wanted to make sure that, my victim was actually cheating and for that, I would have to meet her. Which meant time for action.

I knew she always goes for jogging at night, right before her dinner. She made it so easier for me, going for a jog at night. Tsk,Tsk ! I was ready waiting for her. I was wearing a white sleeveless zipper hoodie with hood on and a pair of black slim fit sweatpants.

I saw her heading towards the park, I started my first round of jogging and I made sure that she'd see me. My first round was over when her first round started. I slowed a bit so that, she would catch up with me.

She did as expected, she spoke first, "Hi!"

"Oh hi!" I pretended that, I haven't seen her earlier.

"Are you new here? I have never seen you before." She asked.

"Yeah! Just moved to the neighborhood." I replied. I caught her eying me and she shrugged.

"Sorry! I couldn't help but notice." She said to hide her embarrassment.

"It's okay, name is Nathan." I said.

"Shannon. So what are you doing jogging at night?" She asked.

"Well! I can ask the same question to you too, but let me answer. I pretty much had nothing to do so I thought, I should burn some calories." I said with a smile.

"What are you doing after this?" She asked.

"Let's see! Nothing I guess." I replied.

"Great! You can join me for dinner." She said.

"No! I think, I will pass on that, I mean I have to take a shower and -"

"Do you have plans with your girlfriend or something?" She asked.

"No! I am single currently." I replied.

"Really you should join me, since you are new here it's better if you get to know others." She forced.

"Well! If you insist." I said.

**************
Author's note : Okay! Guys this is the first chapter. I know it's short but I will update the next chapter as early as possible.

Please vote and leave a comment. :-)