CHAPTER-TWO

I was sitting at the dinning table with Shannon, before I entered her house I took my bag from my car. I was careful not to leave any traces, I took out my shoes kept them in my bag and I was wiping everything I touched so that, I won't leave my finger prints. I mean after watching CSI, how could I not know what will the police look for? And I was wearing her husband's clothes, even if somebody sees me walking out they will think it's him.

"So whose house is this?" I asked, She sighed.

"It's my and my husband's." She replied.

"Husband? You are married?" I asked pretending to be shocked.

"Yeah! Like it matters, he stays out of town most of the time I stay alone. You know a woman can't live alone. He does not have time for me. If you know what I mean?" She asked.

"Oh! If you put it like that. Don't worry I am here." I said looking into her eyes, I wanted to laugh out loud at her dumbness.

After a while she broke away from eye contact, gathered plates and was about to pick them and take them to the kitchen, I got up from my chair and stood behind her. "Don't move!" I whispered in a husky voice. Then I removed her hair from her neck and I quickly took out the Chinese needle, on it was poison and pricked her right at the base of the back of her head.

It won't do much, it will only paralyze her and the poison will intermix with her spinal cord fluid and will later reach her brain and she will die. It's painful for the victim. But I pulled out the needle before the blood started oozing out from her body. I didn't want a bloody mess.

I was standing there with the smirk on my face, as the horror registered in her eyes. She was struggling to speak but couldn't.

"You must be thinking why did I do all this? It's simple dear, you are cheating on your husband. You must be punished for doing so. You thought nobody would ever find out about your crime but guess what? I did." I threw at her the pictures I took while she was fooling around with others.

"All women are same." I said and started finishing my job, cleaning all the possible evidences, wiped the place. Her breaths became shallower and shallower as every second passed until they were no more.

"I am sorry! But you left me no choice." I whispered and carefully walked out of the house.

--------------
Margaret's P.O.V

I noticed the tears streaming down my cheeks, I could not believe what I read. After gaining my senses I looked out of the window and found out it was almost dusk. I could not come up with the reason behind all that, for that I will have read the diary further but one story was enough for me. I needed strength to go further. And one thing that I didn't understand was, why did he apologized?

I lit the lamps in the house, I resisted the urge to stay in dark. And went to bed, even though I won't be able to sleep.

---------------
Benjamin's P.O.V

I cursed mentally, why today from all days ? I got the best news of my life and got arrested. I was only worried about Margarete, what must she be thinking about me ? She must be hating me. I was doing justice. I wanted to explain her but only my diary could do it. I hope she will read it.

I was sitting in the police station of Eureka, the walls of the room were painted white, there was a big mirror on the wall before me, I was made to sit on the stainless steel chair and cuffs around my hand. I knew, I was brought there for interrogation, it's not like I was going to conceal and deny anything.

A few moments later the door opened and the officer who arrested me walked in with a cup of coffee in his hand, there was a smirk on his face and took a seat in front of me.

"Mr. Benjamin ! Finally you are under my grasp. I am Lieutenant Samson Crowne ! Now let's begin shall we?" He asked. He didn't wait for my reply.

"Why did you kill all those women?" He asked.

"I killed them because they were cheating and that's what a cheating woman deserves. I did justice for men." I replied.

"Justice ? You think you have done justice ? You had no right to take their lives, killing someone for your own reason is not justice. You took law in your hands." He said.

"Cheating is a crime in my eyes, you don't even know how heartbroken is the person who gets cheated! I saw my father." I said with pain as I remembered.

"Oh! I see it's a personal grudge against women. What about your wife ? I mean were you planning to kill her too?" He asked.

"No! I love her, she is not like those women. She is mine, you get that." I said with anger.

"Mr. Shaw! We are not here to discuss about your intimacy with your wife, so answer my question with yes and no. Well! You have admitted your crime maybe your sentence won't be that harsh." He said.

I would have not even cared if my sentence would have been a death sentence, if I was lonesome but I have a wife and my soon to come child, I wanted to live for them, I wanted to hold my Margarete again. There was one thing that I knew for sure and that was, my love would never die for Margaret.

***********************
Author's note : Cheesy! I know but I think it's cute. Don't curse me! I am not talking about the murder part I am talking about his feelings.
Murder reminds me of, guys! I don't know how to write murder scenes, I just tried and I didn't want it to be gruesome. So please don't hate on me!

Please vote and leave a comment to let me know what you think about this. :-)