CHAPTER-SIX

Benjamin's P.O.V (continued):

Those memories were still engraved in my mind as if it happened yesterday. How I thought, my dad was a bad guy, I always kept myself at a distance from him waiting for mom to come and rescue me.

When I was ten...

It was Mother's Day, there were flyers and banners saying, 'I Love My Mom!', 'Happy Mother's Day!"... I made a card for my mom too, I've been making it for so many years, never got the chance to give it to her. They were hidden under my mattress. I waited every year to at least get a glimpse of her, she left me maybe because dad asked her to. Maybe my dad didn't love her anymore. That is what the kids in my school used say. The kids from my block won't play with me because my mom left me. It was so agonizing to see all the children with their mom, hugging them, the love and tenderness their mothers had for them.

Before going to bed, I'd pray to God, to bring me back my mother. That day we were given free time to make cards. When I making the card, using different embellishments.

"Why are you even bothering with that, Shaw?" Said a class-mate of mine. He was known to bully people, I got bullied so many times that, I lost the track of count.

"Leave me alone, Jim." I muttered and started doing my thing. That made him angry.

"Leave you? Ha! Like your mother did?" He scoffed.

"I said, go away!" I raised my voice a little. Rest of the students turned towards us and they were staring at us, trying to analyze what was going on. Jim saw that and he decided to step on the situation.

"Folks! Look what we have here! This punk, here is making a card for him mother, who left him long ago because she didn't love him!" He said it loudly and started laughing and the rest of the kids joined him.

Tears started building up in eyes, I didn't wanna cry in front of everyone, so I got up quickly and ran out of the classroom. As soon as I stepped out of the door, the laughter grew.

I ran, ran out of the building of the school, ran away from that torture cell, ran aimlessly. I didn't know for how long was I running. I remember, stopping the my legs were screaming of fatigue, I felt short on oxygen and fell down on the road...

---------------------------

Margret's P.O.V:

I felt short on oxygen and fell down. When I fell on the road, got a few bruises and scratches on my elbows and knee.

I found my was wet, as the stream of tears went down my face. These past few days have been like torment. I didn't even know what to do? I didn't know whether I should be happy because a new life was inside me or not. I didn't know, whether I should be sad because the father of my baby was a murderer, I was the wife of a murderer. I didn't know whether I should be angry because Jam- Benjamin ruined my life. But I was missing him so much. I needed him sorely and I hated it. Everyone in the community, after that day was looking at me strangely. The community where I was born, grew up... suddenly I was a culprit for them. It was only my family who was looking after me now.

Only if I could go back in time and undo falling for that man. I've shed so many tears that; my eyes might turn dry at some point. The agony I have to face while reading that black diary, is inexpressible. The irony, his deeds are also like that black journal of his.

I got up from that rocking chair, looked around the house; which was in a disarray. I sighed and walked towards the mirror at the corner of the room.

"James! Don't do that!" I said shyly.

"Do what?" James asked with a sly smile.

"James! Don't look at me like that." I replied looking at him through the mirror.

"Why? What is wrong about it?" He asked with hoax innocence.

"It's just- that you are a distraction." I said looking away from him and bit my lower lip. His ways were a bit unorthodox, he was valiant . He'd do things which would leave me bemused.

"Distraction huh?" He said, that popped up the pores on my body because in mere seconds he was standing so close to me that I could feel his breath at the back of my neck. I gasped.

My face was slightly warm that warm sensation brought me back to the world, and I realized that I was missing him. Then I looked into the mirror, I found a figure with ginger disarray hair, swollen hazel eyes and a pale face, then my eyes landed on my midriff, everything stopped for a while and the realization hit me. My baby didn't do anything wrong, why should I neglect my baby? I was being so selfish; only thinking about myself, my life... then I apologized to my baby and promised to live for my baby.

----------------------

It was late afternoon, the sun was almost below the horizon. Suddenly there was a knock of the door. Who could it be at this time? I thought to myself. I went towards the door slowly. And when I reached the door and put my hand on the doorknob and turned it clockwise to open it.

There were some men along with my father, those men looked like they were from the out of the community.

"Evening! Mrs. Shaw!" The man in a black dress greeted. That greeting seemed so strange.

"Evening! How can I help you?" I asked.

********************************************

Author's Note: Hey! Folks I have updated another chapter. :) no exams that's why. :P hope you guys will like it.

Leave a comment and don't forget to vote, it makes my day. :D

Love ya all.