Chapter Six

Andy's POV

   Walking through the walls I could hear all the stupid chatter of girls, ugh. College girls made me sick, most of all blondes, I have a best friend who was a blonde but she didn’t act like it. Blondes always thought they were so amazing, that everything about them is just perfect. One of the blondes I can’t stand the most is the one I met the other night she had long blonde hair and blue eyes, big surprise a blonde with blue eyes never seen one of those before. She apparently knew my brother, though it looked like she had a boyfriend so I don’t have to worry about kicking her teeth in. Her boyfriend though was one blonde I could accept; his eyes weren’t just a blue they were a blue that could steals hearts, I found myself thinking of those blue eyes constantly. His wavy golden hair, the firmness of his cheekbones, mostly the way he smiled. Though I didn’t know him he was all I could think of, seeing them with their arms wrapped around each other was definitely a letdown. But hey, there are always other guys. 

   I kept walking with my phone to my ear, I pretended to talk to someone so no one would talk to me. It’s one of my favorite tricks. While having my fake conversation I bumped into a shoulder and looked up. It was him, the blue eyed boy who I couldn’t stop thinking about. He looked upset, disappointment showing strong in his eyes it made my heart ache. I wanted to pull him into my arms and make the sadness disappear completely, I barely knew this boy though I wanted him to always be happy. He muttered his apology and started to walk off.

  I didn’t want him to leave, I wanted him to tell me what was wrong, I wanted to know why his eyes weren’t the shinning blue I’d once seen. “Wait!” I said as he was leaving. “I met you the other night right? I’m James sister.” I smiled widely.

 He smiled a weak smile, “Yeah, I remember you. What’s up Andy?” He walked back over to me, something tightened in my chest when he said my name. Hell I can’t believe he remembered my name.

 “Not much, just pretending I’m on the phone so no one will talk to me.” I laughed a nervous laugh.

“That’s interesting.” He laughed a light laugh, not a happy one but one that sounds forced. I wanted to hear a real one, so I got some back bone and asked, “Want to go hang out somewhere? I’m bored as hell and you kind of look upset. Want to come over to my dorm? I have popcorn and action movies.” I smiled and waited for his answer.

“Yeah, that actually sounds great. Lead the way.” He smiled a relieved smile and I led him to my dorm.

  I unlocked my dorm room door and walked in, Seth closed the door behind him and I sat on my neatly made bed. My half of the room was black and red, I had a black comforter and red throw pillows, red picture frames placed on the walls full with picture of me and my family. He looked around and nodded slowly.

 “Can I sit down?”

“Of course,” He sat next to me, not that close but it still made my heart race a little faster. “So, tell me what’s wrong. You looked really upset.”

  He sighed and ran a hand through his gorgeous blonde hair, “I uh, I like someone here and she doesn’t like me back. All I’ll ever be to her is a friend and it just kills me that she has no idea how much I like her.” He looked down at the floor, I frowned knowing how much that hurts.

“I’m sorry, I know how you feel. I had a best friend once who I loved but he had no clue, I would always dream of how it could be. Us walking to school every day hand in hand, him calling me babe and I’d think of some cheesy nickname for him that would embarrass him.” I chuckled softly, hating the memories I still had of him. “Then one day I took the courage and told him that I loved him, he told me he was freaked out by it and never wanted to see me again. That he thought of me as a sister, he said he didn’t even think I was pretty, that I was just one of his friends. What hurt the most was that I thought he was my best friend, he was   the most important person in my life at that time. I had no one when I found him, I lived alone, my mom’s in rehab and my dad died when I was nine. He was everything to me, but I guess I was just another girl to him.” I wiped a lone tear before it could fall down my cheek, and glanced at Seth, he had a blank expression as he soaked in my story.

“Sorry that’s a lot to take in from me, you don’t even know me.” I apologized and looked up at him, he shook his head.

“No, it’s okay. He sounds like a real douche bag and I’m sorry about your parents.” He looked concerned for me, I smiled feeling that tightening in my chest again.

“Yeah he is, but that was high school things have changed now, I’ve changed. I like the new me, I have new friends, new enemies.” I sighed and he raised his eyebrows at me.

“New enemies?”

“Yeah, there’s this guy who asked me out a while ago and I said no, so now he follows me everywhere and creeps me out.” I shuddered seeing his face in my mind.

He smirked, it gave me goose bumps he looked amazing sexy with that smirk. “I’ll have to meet this stalker of yours, want me to kick his ass?”

I laughed, “He’s a giant football player, are you sure you want to do that?”

He put a hand over his heart pretending he was hurt by what I said, “I think you’re questioning my skills, I’m very hurt by this Miss Andy.” He smiled at me, a true and beautiful smile, I couldn’t help but grin.

“Of course I’m not dissing your skills, if he gives me any trouble I’ll be sure to find you, Blondie.” I smiled but he didn’t return it, instead his expression went blank, he completely changed I could see his shoulders tense. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“I uh, I should be going. Save me some popcorn for another day.”

He started to get up, I panicked. Did I say something wrong? “Did I do something wrong? Or did I offend you, I know how you guys are about your pride and all.” I rambled, damn it. I hated when I rambled. 

 He shook his head with a small smile, “It’s not you, I just need to go do something. We should hang out again though.” He walked towards the door then turned around towards me and said, “See ya around Andy.” He flashed me a smile and left. I exhaled, what was wrong with me. I had sworn off guys when I got out of high school, and now I was crushing on a guy who I barely knew. I really have changed.