Chapter Seven

Ana

                          Chapter Six

    The next few days went by slow and agonizing, I went to class slept and ate. That’s what my day consist of, I saw Lilly in the mornings and between classes. But other than that I was alone most of the times, Seth and I hadn’t talked since the kiss and I haven’t seen the Curly haired boy but once. But that one time was one I haven’t forgotten.

  I was walking back from a class on a rainy afternoon with my hoodie around my head attempting to keep my hair dry, it was one of those rare rainy days we get a few times a year here. I saw him sitting under a tree, no hoodie or umbrella keeping him from getting wet, he was completely soaked form head to toe. His wet and dripping curls clinging to his face, he was just sitting there on large rocks placed under the tree, his head turned down. I walked over to him and sat on the rock next to him, “Hey. You’re all wet.”

  He looked up and smiled widely, like a little kid on Christmas morning. It made me laugh, he had the cutest smile. “Hey.” He flipped his hair up and shook his head getting water all over me.  “But now you’re wet too so I don’t feel so left out.” He laughed, making me laugh. I wiped a water droplet off the tip of my nose, we had gotten silent so I said the first thing that came to mind, “Your hair looks adorable when it’s wet.” Worse conversation starter ever. I sucked at saying things off the top of my head, things always came out wrong. He laughed and shook his hair again running a hand through it dramatically.

 “Well thank you.” I smiled and thought about what it would be like to run my fingers through his curls. I could feel my smile slowly fade as I moved my eyes down to his lips, imaging what it would be like to kiss him. I looked him in the eyes, he had been watching me, watching him. Oh no, I had to think of something quick. I had to leave, saying something, do something.

“I have to go, I have to” I trailed off trying to think of something, I stood up quickly. “I hate getting wet, and my hoodie is getting soaked.” He stood up also, I had forgotten how tall he was standing in front of me. I looked up at him, his eyes were a golden green those wet curls hanging in front of them. Before I could think, I reached up and gently swept his curls out of his eyes, his skin was surprisingly cool in contrast of the humid wet air.

   He just stood there watching me so I quickly dropped my hand from his face, I smiled trying not to feel the awkwardness in the air. “Well, I have to go but I’ll see you around?”

 I started towards to the dorm rooms when he said, “I’ll call you?” He sounded unsure of his own question.

I stopped and turned around, grinning. “Definitely.”

  I got back to my dorm room later that day, after studying and watching a movie I didn’t know the name of, Lane called me. We talked for two hours, until Lilly came back and complained because I wasn’t talking to her. Lane and I talked two to the three hours each night before Lilly got back from her afternoon classes and dinner, though we talked on the phone every day I never saw him at breakfast or dinner. I never saw him at classes, though he would text me random things, making me laugh in the quiet class room. I hadn’t gotten caught with my phone on me though, thank God. One day I asked him why I never saw him around and he said because he hated the food here, that he liked fast food better. I told him I eat it every morning and loved it, he said that one morning he’d try it. I loved talking to him, hour always seemed like minuets when it came to Lane.

  I woke up this morning and looked over across the room to Lilly’s bed, she was already gone she had an early morning class today. I decided to eat breakfast on my own, I got out of bed slipping on my white shorts and red tank top putting my hair in a ponytail I walked out the door. I put in my ear phones putting it to ‘Shawty it’s your booty’ while walking down the halls occasionally dancing like an idiot when no one was around. I got my food after waiting through lines and mouthing the words to all my favorite songs, I got stared at but who the hell cares.