Chapter Eight

I was enjoying the feel of the wind in my hair when Lane reached over and tapped on my shoulder, I looked over at him. He looked hot in his black aviators, we were driving down the beach in his Jeep listening to Maroon 5. I was laying my head out the window like a dog would enjoying the smell of the ocean air and the sun on my face.

“You’re so beautiful.” His words caught me off guard, though he said sweet stuff all the time to me. This one seemed out of the blue and more caring than usual.

  Lane and I have been dating for six weeks and two days, it had been exactly six weeks and two days since I’ve seen Seth also. I’ve been blissfully happy these past six weeks and two days. Though I hadn’t heard from Seth or seen him, it made me sad when I thought of it. That our friendship was thrown down the drain so carelessly, but he had made the choice to do so. I tried calling him three times since I saw him that day at the dining hall. He hasn’t answered, hasn’t text me. Nothing. He had completely disappeared and I didn’t like it, although I did see him yesterday with that Andy girl. They were walking hand in hand on the beach, I saw him while driving around with Lane like we did every afternoon to watch the sunset.

I smiled at Lane’s adorable words, trying not to think about Seth.

“Thanks, babe.”

 I blushed deeply and put my baby blue sun glasses on, he had a hand by his thigh and one on the top of the wheel. I reached over and took his hand in mine, I loved holding Lane’s hand. It felt like hot chocolate on a bitter cold day of winter.

He and I have been inseparable and I loved it, I saw him every morning at breakfast but one because I had an early class. Then after his classes and after I hung out with Lilly for a few hours, we would drive along the beach or go out like normal couples would in the evening.

Every night when I had to go back to my dorm he would kiss me, occasionally going to sit under tree to have a make out session. But he never would ask to come into my dorm or spend the night, he would just kiss me sweetly, say goodnight to Lilly, and be on his way.

“Ana, did you hear me?” Lane looked over at me, the car had come to a stop in the college parking lot. I hadn’t noticed, I had been so wrapped up in my thoughts.

I laughed lightly, “Sorry, not really. Repeat it for me?”

He laughed and repeated, “I asked if you wanted to double date with Lilly and James one day.” He shrugged, “It may be fun.”

Oh yeah, Lilly and James were an idem now, James had forgotten about the whole drunk night that Lilly had and he asked her out. Now every night I’d come home we would talk about how cute our boyfriends were, it was like back in middle school when we would giggle about the cute boy that said hi to us that day. James was an okay guy, and he made Lilly happy so I was happy.

I nodded, “Sure that would be great. Do you want to walk me to my dorm, Curly?” I laughed, he hated when I called him Curly. He rolled his eyes in the most adorable way.

“Not if you’re going to call me that, get out of my car.” He pressed his lips together holding in a laugh.

I frowned and acted like I was so terribly hurt, I hopped out of his Jeep and looked directly in his eyes then flipped my hair dramatically acting as though I was mad.

I started towards the dorms when I heard him get out of his car, I smirked and kept walking when I felt strong arms wrapping around my waist from behind. I stopped in my tracks and sniffed loudly pretending to cry.

“If you’re trying to apologize to me by wrapping your arm around me cutely it won’t work.” I stood still and tall, acting like he wasn’t there.