Chapter Fourteen

Andy

As I take my quick steps towards Seth’s dorm I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket, I pull it out seeing that Preston had text me, ‘Putting ice on my bruise made me think of you, when can I see you again ;)

I instantly smile, I had met Preston three days ago the day Seth got out of the hospital, I was still angry and upset so I went for a walk on the beach in the cool night air. As I was walking I decided to be immature and kick sand up as hard as I could. Just as I was about to head back to my red Kia Soul parked father don the beach I kicked up one last handful of sand, my head was down with my hair in my face but suddenly someone yelled in my face.

I push my hair away, the wind fighting against me to keep it down. I look at a guy bent over with hands on his face, groaning and moaning.

“Um, are you okay?” I ask, taking a step forward.

“You um, kicked sand in my eye. Did I look like I was going to attack you or something?” he leans back up showing his true height. He wasn’t that tall actually, only a few inches taller than me I’d guess. Not as tall as Seth, who I really needed to stop thinking about.

“Sorry, didn’t see you there. Are you going to be okay? No pressing charges right?” I smirk even though he can’t see it. As he rubs his eyes I take my time looking over his features, dirty blonde hair swept to the side a little, tanned skin, boots and jeans, a camo shirt? Really.

He starts blinking revealing his reddened eyes, “Nah, I’ll be fine ma’am.”

I scoff, “Ma’am? I’m not that old, dude.”

He smirks, blinking his eyes as he looks at me. “Oh sorry, I was just raided to call girls ma’am. You’re not old or anything now that I can actually see you, you’re actually my age probably, you don’t look old I mean you’ve um you’ve got a great body and I-“

I hold my hand up stopping him from going any farther. “I get it, I’m young.” I smirk.

He laughs, “Yeah,” he scratches the back of his neck looking at the ground. “Oh shit I dropped my phone.”

I bend down/squat to pick it up but at the same time he bends straight over into my knee trying to pick it up as well. He snaps back up but I put my hand on his shoulder, standing up with him so he doesn’t fall. I cover my mouth with my other hand hiding my laugh, “I’m so s-sorry.”

He rubs his head, chuckling. “You really know how to impress a guy huh?”

I laugh, dropping my hand. I pat his shoulder, “I guess you’re one of the lucky ones.”

He smiles, “So instead of beating me up some more how about you tell me your name?”

After that he walked me back to my car and we exchanged numbers, I went on my way back to my dorm but Preston and I have been texting almost every day for at least an hour. He’s a great guy from I know so far, I’d like to get to know him better though.

I reply to his text saying ‘Maybe tomorrow?’, before knocking on Seth’s door. After talking to Ana I realized something, maybe it wasn’t her keeping Seth and I apart, maybe it was me, fate. Maybe we just weren’t mean to be. But who knows maybe I’d find him again in a few years? Or what if it’s just going to take time? Either way I’ve dropped my hate of the blond, I don’t entirely like her but I don’t loath her anymore.

“Hey, Andy. Come on in.” Seth says as he leans on the door, smiling at me. This was going to be harder than I thought. Look at how damn cute he looks.

I walk in and sit down on his bed, moving a book to the side, he sits down next to me. “So what was that all about?” he asks, knowing I would know what he’s talking about.

Why I pulled Ana outside with me. “Well, you know I thought I hated her but after talking to her I realized she isn’t that bad. And in all honesty I thought she was keeping us apart, but she’s not. I was just…jealous.” I look away from him and to the floor messing with my feet.

“Andy…you know I’m in love with Ana and I have been before I met you. You’re a great girl, you’re attractive, kind, even though no one see’s it but me. I know a guy’s going to treasure every minute with you one day. But for me, I can only except you as a really good friend.”

I nod, I guess I’d never feel his hand around mine again, or his arm across my shoulders. His lips on my cheek..

“And I’m sorry if I’ve led you on at any time, I was just trying to shove Ana away but I can’t.”

I turn to look at him, “Can I just ask ne thing?”

He nods, “Of course.”

I take a deep breath, slow your heart rate Andy, damn.  “Kiss me? Just once, I need to see something.”

He thinks about for a minute, “Okay.”

I had thought about those lips so many times, but never have gotten to feel them properly. Now was my chance before I would never get to.  He scoots over closer, licking his lips as he stares at mine. I wish things weren’t like this, I wish I could kiss him any part of the day not just once. I didn’t want this to end.

I lean in the rest of the way, making the first move as our lips come together, and in all honesty it’s not exactly what I expected. His lips her soft, extremely soft, but I imagined them rougher, he moved slow and careful, but I imaged him to be more dominate, once again rougher maybe. I wasn’t a soft kinda gal, I mean yes I like romantic kisses and stuff like that but I liked men’s features to be very manly. His appearance was but that was it.

After a few more second I pull away, putting my hand on his neck my fingers moving through his soft curls as I look at him. We were still close, I could feel his breath wash over my face. This was it, my sign from fate. Seth wasn’t the guy for me.

He smiles at me, it wasn’t loving just an awkward kind of, are we done now, kind of smile. I giggle pulling away, “Well, I guess I’ll be going now. And thanks for that, it really cleared my head.”

He laughs, “Okay, are you saying I’m a bad kisser?”

I laugh, standing up from his bed. “I shake my head, just not my kind of kisser.”

He nods, smirking. “Alright, I’ll take that.”

I smile, “Well I should be going, I have an exam to study for.”

“I’m going to eat lunch with Lilly and Ana tomorrow, want to come with us?” he eyes me, as if studying my reaction.

I sigh, “Um, I’m not a big fan of Lilly, she’s so…”

“Bubbly?” he chuckles.

I nod, “Yes!” I laugh with him, “But sure, I’ll manage. Let me know when.”

He wraps his arms around me suddenly, I feel myself smile, it was still going to take a while to control myself when he was close to me. “I’ll text you about it, now get out.” he playfully shoves me away opening his door.

I laugh and glare at him, “Asshole. See you tomorrow.”

I find myself laughing quietly as I walk down the stairs and out of the boys dorms, it felt right acting like this around Seth, not being so nervous or caught up on how hot he looks. Just being easy, being stupid, hugging him without exploding. Don’t get me wrong it’s going to take me a while to not admire how amazing he looks, but it’ll get easier now.