Merry Christmas

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! I kind of regret focusing on Christmas, because now i'm super excited for Christmas and I still have to wait 4 months. So RIP me. But this chapter is cute. AND, the end of this chapter made me laugh a lot. I mean, it's not really that funny, but I laughed a lot at it. So...enjoy!

Chapter 5

Based on how good Scott was at finding me, I gave myself 20 minutes to calm down before I expected him to show up out of nowhere. I knew this went against my promise not to shut him out, but if he got to baby me, then I could have alone time.

As I was browsing different stores, I thought back to when I shut down about going to Stanford. I still remembered how broken he looked as he sat in the middle of his room, crying.

He was sitting cross-legged on the floor with his head in his hands. I closed the door behind me before sitting across from him.

He looked up abruptly. His eyes were wet with tears, adding to my guilt.

And then I remembered how hurt he sounded after I ignored him for 4 days.

"I'm sorry," I replied pathetically.

"You mean too much to me to just drop off the face of the planet like that. Don't you understand that?" He inquired desperately.

"I do," I blurted out.

"I don't think you do. This isn't the first time you've done this. It gets harder every time, because I'm always afraid that one time you won't come back," he explained.

This was different than me being annoyed about being babied, this actually hurt him. I was used to being the emotional one, and seeing Scott so put together all of the time.

I usually wasn't there to see him be the emotional one because it usually happened because I wasn't there.

As soon as I exited the store, I retrieved my phone and called Scott quickly.

He picked up on the first ring. "Oh my god, are you ok? What happened? Where are you?" He rambled.

"I'm fine. I'm sorry...I didn't mean to ignore you. I mean, I did, but I'm sorry. I just...where are you?" I replied messily.

"Wait, why? What did I do?" He asked worriedly.

"Where are you?" I repeated.

He sighed, "Meet me outside of the entrance, ok?"

I nodded, "Um...can you ask Alex to wait inside?" I asked sheepishly.

"Uh, ok. I can do that," he replied.

"Thanks. I'll see you in a couple minutes," I muttered before hanging up. I took a deep breath before pocketing my phone and heading towards the entrance of the mall.

I stepped outside and waited over by a lamppost. I set my bags down and glanced towards the door, waiting for Scott.

I let out a sigh of relief when he came through the doors a few moments later, and looked around for me. Once he spotted me, he visibly relaxed before running towards me and pulling me into a hug.

It was one of his desperate hugs, which was understandable.

"You promised," he choked out. He sounded scared, and I felt guilty about it.

"I know, I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry," I murmured.

He pulled away and looked at me worriedly, "What happened? Why did you leave?"

I sighed in defeat, "It's just that we haven't been able to do anything all week, and I was excited to spend the day alone together. But then you invited Alex, and I don't know, I've just felt kind of...jealous because you seem to be having more fun with him than with me," I explained, "I know, it's stupid to be jealous but...I am."