Reminisce

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! A short chapter filled with some fluff. It's short because I may have committed all of my time to this other fanfic i'm writing. Idk if i'll ever upload it, but it's ruining my life rn so...yeah. Enjoy!

Chapter 7

It felt better to act like myself later that evening. I was free to snuggle with Scott and our new cats as we all sat around and reminisced old memories.

"So," Grandma started softly, "When did you two first meet?" She inquired.

I wracked my memory for a moment, trying to remember. Scott beat me to it, though. "We were 5. We were in the same kindergarten class. We both got a time out for fighting. Mitch threw a block at my head," he explained.

Oh, now I remembered. "Ok, I only threw a block at your head because you knocked over my village of blocks," I protested.

"I wanted to play with the blocks, but somebody was using all of them for their stupid village," he pointed with an amused grin.

"If you had just been patient then you could have used them after me. I mean, I told you that but you still knocked over all of my hard work," I pointed out with a shrug.

He chuckled softly and shook his head, "No. That is not what you told me. You told me that I was too stupid to be able to build anything, and then you said I had a fat head. So I knocked over your tower, and you threw a block at me," he explained.

Ok, maybe it did happen a little more like that.

"You threw one back!" I protested.

"You started it," he retorted.

I gaped at him, "Not true," I assured him.

"Is too. You started just about all of our elementary school disputes," he commented.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Name one time," I challenged.

He held up a finger, "We went home covered in paint in first grade because you said my painting looked stupid, so I spilled your paint, and you poured my paint on me, so I just repaid the favor." He held up another finger. "You got us kicked out of the cafeteria in second grade because you started complaining about my meal choice, so I told you to leave me alone and you got offended and called me stupid, so I called you stupid back." He held up a third finger. "In third grade we were paired up for Secret Santa and you gave me a plastic 3D diagram of a heart, and told me it was simple enough that even my undersized brain would be able to—"

"Ok ok I get it. Calm down," I quipped before rolling my eyes and scoffing, "Well, once middle school started you started being the antagonist. You switched all of the lids on my Sharpie collection," I reminded him.

"Ok I'll admit, that was a little mean. But it was funny watching you freak out every time the color didn't match," he pointed out.

"You were horrible in high school though. Taunting me all of the time," I retorted.

Mom cleared her throat, pulling us out of our bitter reminiscing of grade school.

We both looked at the rest of my family awkwardly, "Sorry," I muttered.

"How did you guys go from being whiny little brats who hated each other to this?" Grandpa asked in awe.

I couldn't help but smile as I thought back to our junior year. "I opened my eyes for the first time," I replied before wrapping my arms around Scott and leaning my head against his.

...

As much as I loved sitting around and talking with my family, I was desperate for sleep. Scott spent the night, so I'd have someone to snuggle with as I slept.