Am I alive?

Melody's point of view (first part is the same as the movie but this occurred before it happened to jack)

Darkness. That's the first thing I remember. It was dark and it was cold. And I was scared. But then, then I saw the moon. It was so big and it was so bright, that seemed to chase the darkness away. And when it did, I wasn't scared anymore. Then I heard someone talking to me, it was the moon. "Welcome my daughter I am Man in Moon. You are a very special girl that's why I chose you" he said. I was shocked at first but then I asked "who am I?" he responded "That's up to you. You are able to chose who you are and what power you have. You are free". That last word echoed in my head. I was free. Then I responded "My name will be Melody Moon".  "Of course. Now you are Melody Moon, daughter of the Moon". I smiled and then I started to try out my powers. I thought about the snow and then I touched a tree and it suddenly got covered in frost. Then I imagined flowers and when I walked forward a path of flowers was created behind me i was so exited and I started running and then the wind suddenly lifted me up and I got site of a nearby town, so I flew to it. When I arrived I saw people walking all around. So I started walking, waving and saying hi to the passing people. "Hi!" "How are you?" "Greetings". I talked to them but no one responded. Then a group of children were running at my direction and got down to their height and asked "excuse me do you know were I am?" But just when I finished my question the children passed right through me. I panted and took a few steps back and then another man passed through me. I yelled trying to make someone notice me but nothing happened. I was alone.