War

The day started as I would imagine a normal day before war would begin. My older mother started a Pooja (Indian religious ritual) and blessed my brothers and I while wishing all of us good luck. We then started our journey to the world's battle field. As we reached the battle field, my older father Dhuryodhana' s army also reached there. Both sides blew concshels to declare the start of the war. I looked at my father and for one moment he standing right in front of my eyes and in the next he was standing about 3 feet away from there! The weirdest part was that I didn't see him move even though I was looking at him the entire time!

~ A few hours later ~

At this time the end of the war was declared due to sunset since it is banned to war after sunset according to the rules that were made before the war, a few seconds before the shell was blown though, I saw somebody attempting to kill my oldest father Yudhistir. The thing is that if my oldest father is killed or captured then the entire war ends. Although I saw this, there was nothing I could do as I was stuck under a chariot because of my father's grandfather Bhisma. Luckily for my oldest father, my brother in-law stepped in front of him and got killed. Everybody was devastated. What would we tell Utara? What would we tell her mother?

As his brother in-law I had the duty to carry him back to the shelter. As I carried him inside the shelter, I saw Utara look at me and become very happy but then look at my hands and drop to the ground crying. I wanted to go to her and tell her how sorry I was that her brother died but I couldn't since I had her brother's body in my hands. I just stood there unable to move since I was unable to decide where to put his body. I finally put his body down and took Utara to our tent where i let her cry. Since this was an especially sad occasion, I hugged her. She stood in my arms for about 3 hours just crying until I finally put her in our bed and she slept. I slept on the ground that night since I wanted to give her some space.