Long way home

Thausri Dhuryodan walked in and picked me up.  "Come on son, you will make a beautiful foot rest." He told me as he dragged me out of this tent and into the throne room. I could hear footsteps behind us and I knew that grandmother was following us. As we entered the throne room, Thausri threw me on the ground and kicked me till I reached the throne. Then, he walked on top of me and I lost my breath but he turned around and sat on his throne. When he finally took his feet off me I heard grandmother Kunti yell

"Dhuryodan you have crossed all your boundaries today. Attacking a child then capturing him and and fracturing his spine! And this child is not just any child. He is your nephew! This is barbarous dhuryodan. Call my sons right now to heal him and take him home OR ELSE!" When my grandmother yelled like that it meant that she was so mad she was about to curse someone. The last time she yelled like that was before I was born and it was to my grandfather Dhritherastra when they tried to strip my oldest mother of her clothes. These people... my fathers cousin brothers were beyond cruel to everyone. I was told by my mother that when they were young, they used to beat people in their kingdom for no reason, steal from the stores in the kingdom and even give people death sentences when they were the ones who deserved it.

"I don't care what you do to me mother Kunti! Abhimanyu will suffer tonight if it's the last thing I do. Him suffering will make the Pandavas weak. Guards! If the Pandavas are here then let them in and send them here. I want them to see this." Grandmother Kunti was helpless now. Here biggest threat, cursing Dhuryodan had turned out empty. Thausri came back to his throne and sat in it while stepping on me. When he sat, he put extra pressure on me so I scrunched up my face. It was like an alternative for screaming since I knew that screaming would only give satisfaction to my thausri. Like I told you, my thausri was a cruel person. He didn't care about anyone except him, his brothers and his Mamasri Shakuni. This is one off the reasons I hate him.

As the moments passed on, the pain started to decrease, maybe because thausri started applying less pressure or maybe because I started getting used to it. As I relaxed my face, I heard footsteps walking really fast or maybe running and I thought maybe it is a guard but as the footsteps came closer, I saw that it was my family. Including my oldest mother. As soon as they saw me, my thausri and kakasris dropped to the floor and folded their hands. My father and oldest mother however, came running towards me and fought their way through the guards that came running at them to try and stop them from coming at me and thausri dhuryodan. As they reached us, my oldest mother tried to pull me out while my father lifted both of my thausris feet.

"Come on son get up!" My oldest mother told my when she had successfully pulled me out. "Get up and come quickly so we can go home and your kakasris can heal you. "

"Forgive me mother but I am unable to move since my spine has been fractured by Thausri Dhuryodan."

"WHAT? What do you mean your spine is fractured Abhimanyu?" My father yelled. " Dhuryodan you will pay for this. Brother Bheem will not spare you right brother?"

"Yes Arjun. He will be given more pain then what we had planned. Now Mamasri Shakuni must die before Dhuryodan as well!"
At the sound of that, thausri dhuryodan started to tear up.

"Come on son." My father said to me before he picked me up. As we left the tent, Jaydhrat came at us but Thausri Bheem used his gadha to hit Jaydhrat right in the stomach and he fell hard on his back clutching his stomach. Luckily, my family had brought a carriage for my oldest mother and I rode in that since I couldn't do anything but lie down. She sang me a lullaby while playing with my hair. I think she was trying to get the dry blood out of it. I just lay there though, feeling helpless for the first time today and closed my eyes.
"ABHIMANYU? Come on son. Please don't die on me."